Trying to identify what kind of satellite dish I have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wijames2002

Trying to identify what kind of satellite dish I have? Ill try to get a picture asap but it's raining here now. The dish is oval shaped with one LNB. The only thing I can make out on the tag is the model number. It's 150073. Any ideas?

OK, I got a couple of pictures. Any idea whet this is?

Attachments

• SAM_1495.JPG
    SAM_1495.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 53
  • SAM_1496.JPG
    SAM_1496.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 41
Manual crank up, probably a Winegard.  What service?  No clue.  Look for the lable on the LNB.

It is a Winegard Manual crack up Satellite Dish. On the inside of the trailer/motorhome directly under the dish itself, you will find the manual controls for it that extend it and control the elevation and rotation. It was used with either Dish Network, Expressview (Canada) or Direct TV, which one can be determined by the model of the LNB on the end of the arm once the dish is extended and fully visible

Most likely a very old model and  no longer usable based on the LNB the photo shows. There have been many changes in satellite technology over the recent years including the use of multiple satellite reception and HD broadcasting for any give service. This one, very similar to mine, except for the LNB, was limited to a single satellite reception. Mine is more round than oval in shape, was installed around year 2000 and has no skew adjustment needed for multiple satellite use.

Back
Top Bottom