Crossing Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVoorhis318

Looking for clean & safe RV parks for overnights while crossing Texas on Rt 90 heading west? Thanks in advance..... We'll be staying off of 90 close to San Antonio when we start out. I'm open to suggestions for a better route not looking to site see at this time of travel just to move along on our way to AZ. I won't do more than 300 miles each day and in many cases less, no hurry at all.

Rob

I believe rt90 ends up converging with 10. From what point to what point are you traveling?

Let us ask a few questions, like how many miles are you wanting to drive per day, are you going east to west, or west to east, do you want the scenic route (I assume at least partly so since you are not taking I-10), then there is the why are you not taking I-10?  Crossing Texas is a LONG drive, I am not sure exactly what it is on Hwy 90 (which runs with I-10 in places), but the last exit on I-10 going into Louisiana is number 878 a couple of miles from the Louisiana state line, so you are looking at around 900 miles give or take.

San Antonio to Van Horn on US-90 is about 400-450 miles so it is a 2 day drive with an overnight stop. Since you are not sightseeing, why are you taking this route. From Del Rio to Van Horn it is 2 lane with hills.  Good road with wide shoulders, just not a road you want to take to just go from point A to point B.  Take I-10.

Don't get me wrong we have taken US-90 probably 20 times in the last 48 years, but always sightseeing with stops along the way for a day or 5.  We always enjoy the drive.

RVParkReviews.com for RV Parks. 

Trying to stop at military rv parks and theres one in del rio, thanks for your thoughts ill probably do as you suggested.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom