Upper windshield rubber reveal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tboss

I need to replace the upper  windshield rubber reveal on my 2002 Adventurer .The part number is 120533-01-000 . When I look this part number it looks like its all 3 pcs ,,upper,, lower and middle .Does any body have any info on this part.. tks Terry

yes on the upper side of windshield,,It looks like it shrunk abt 2 inches.

I purchased a kit to install both windshields from Lichtsinn RV in Forest City, Ia. Just tell them the model number and year and they can take it from there. I had to first get the windshield openings fixed for rust. The final results were very good, looks great.

I had to pay about $120 for the kit. Shipping was an extreme part of that price. I had to pay for 8 hours labor to fix the rust. There were other charges also. The windshields were paid by the insurance company, Florida does not have a deductible.

I have never seen a glass installer have the proper materials in the kit.

More than one person has said that the frame around Winnebago windshields are prone to rust.  I am not looking forward to having to pay for this, but when it does I will also be replacing my double door refrigerator/freezer since I have been told that the only way to get one in and out is through the windshield opening.

tboss said:
I need to replace the upper  windshield rubber reveal on my 2002 Adventurer .The part number is 120533-01-000 . When I look this part number it looks like its all 3 pcs ,,upper,, lower and middle .Does any body have any info on this part.. tks Terry

The actual part is sold by the foot. I bought twice what I needed at a GNR.

JoelP said:
More than one person has said that the frame around Winnebago windshields are prone to rust.  I am not looking forward to having to pay for this, but when it does I will also be replacing my double door refrigerator/freezer since I have been told that the only way to get one in and out is through the windshield opening.
Rusty windshield frames are unfortunately quite common based on anecdotal reports.

It might be possible to get the Nocold out through your door, strip it down, remove your entrance door, etc.

I have read and seen pics on-line of Winnebago owners showing step-by-step how the rusty frame around their windshields were repaired. This is a known issue and much more than just anecdotal, IMO.

I've noticed that water collects under the rubber trim and it concerns me that there may be rust growing under there. Is there any recommended preventative maintenance that can done?

I also have an '02 Adventurer, luckily it was stored inside for most of its life but not now. I put a strip of the peel-and-stick rain gutter all the way across above the windshield molding. I think it will divert most of the water away from the molding and keep it from rusting.

javandyke said:
I've noticed that water collects under the rubber trim and it concerns me that there may be rust growing under there. Is there any recommended preventative maintenance that can done?
What I would do is pull up the windshield trim and inspect for rust. If the metal frame looks nice and shiny black, fill the gap with a sealant and replace the trim. Also be aware if you have marker lights on top of the front cap, those are a known leak source. I would inspect those as well.

BRex said:
I have read and seen pics on-line of Winnebago owners showing step-by-step how the rusty frame around their windshields were repaired. This is a known issue and much more than just anecdotal, IMO.
Anecdotal means that we have no idea of how widespread or what percentage of units this affects. This could be very widespread or not so much. Never draw conclusions about an entire product line from a small sample size (i.e., forum reports.)

well ,,I inspected the upper prt of my windshield to day after I removed  all the black duct tape the PO used to hold the rubber trim in place ..There is no rust in the area where the trim goes  and I now have a good understanding as how  to install the new trim..The double sided tape works well I guess and I guess it's the best way to install it and I suppose it is not intended for a water seal to keep the elements out of the area. I think I will remove the whole seal around the window and repaint the area with a good rust preventive paint..As for the present I will redo the duct tape around it  as  I leave in 2 days for Disney World ..I will make the repair when I return.. :-*

You are a lucky guy that the trim didn't come loose due to rust. Clean it with a good solvent (I like MEK or acetone), paint and then I would fill the channel with a sealant and then push in the trim. You might need to use blue masking tape to hold in the trim since the tape might not stick to the metal with the sealant there.

Back
Top Bottom