Any comments on Forest River Surveyors 2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jek

We  are about to purchase a new travel trailer and we are waiting to hear about our loan options.  I have been online looking for reviews on Forest River and there are way more negative reviews than positive.  We use to have a Laredo but now switching to the Forest River brand.  Anyone suggest a better, more reputable RV manufacturer they have been happy with?  Now I am in skeptic.....

You will see a ton of negative reviews for almost all the manufacturers. We we contemplating buying a new 5th wheel this summer and looked at a lot of Forest River products. Of course when you walk in, they are beautiful, but when you dig a little deeper, like how the wiring is, the sloppy use of expands foam for insulation, putting and air vent on the steps of the stairwell where it gets beat up by peoples?s feet, etc etc made me think the quality vs the price just wasn?t there. But that seems to be the trend in the RV industry. We have a Keystone, and now that I know what I?m looking for I see all kinds of jacked up design flaws. But in the end, we love it, even with all its flaws. I suggest you look deeper inside the compartments and wiring etc to see how well built it is. What we found was one brand would be very good in one area, and lacking in others. The next brand would be just the opposite, just in different things.  There?s not a huge amount of difference between any of the brands quality wise, unless you get to the really high end models. If you like the floor plan, then you will probably be happy. As with anything you can get a lemon or a gem, all in the same year, brand, and model.

That was very helpful! Thank you for your advice.  I may continue to research or just pray that I don't get a lemon and it works out fine. 

jek said:
That was very helpful! Thank you for your advice.  I may continue to research or just pray that I don't get a lemon and it works out fine.

Keep in mind that most people who are happy don?t post reviews. Most reviews are from people who are unhappy. This is true for everything, not just trailers.

Back
Top Bottom