Heart Interface question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rburtoft

Hi, I have a 94 Safari, With a Heart Interface Freedom 20 with a remote panel.  I recently let a friend stay in it and after leaving lights on they unplugged it, and all the batteries ran flat including chassis batteries.
After a good charging the batteries seem to hold an charge, all voltages are above 12.5. The Odd thing is, on the remote panel the LED's now blink.
The inverter seems to function fine, and will cycle on and off. The battery charger is working. It's just that the LED's are blinking on all three columns.
I don't see anything in the manual about this.
Any words of wisdom for me?
Thanks

If it continues disconnect the control panel cable from the modular jack, I think there is a jack on the back of the control panel, if not there is one where it plugs in on the bottom of the inverter, let it sit for a few minutes and plug it back in.  Sorry it has been too many years since I dealt with this problem first hand.

What remote panel do you have?  Is it the basic Heart panel (shown in the Heart Freedom manual) or a Link 10 or Link 20? It sounds like the basic one, but want to be sure.  Is there an indicator directly on the Freedom 20? If so, what does it show?

Blinking of the Battery led indicates that the charger is in Equalization mode. That should not be on in normal use. See your manual about charging modes and the dip switches on the back of the remote.

Do the resets the others suggested and see if that clears up some or all of the blinking.

Thank you for the quick and correct response! Disconnecting ALL the batteries as well as powering down the inverter brought everything back to normal. Basically it's like everything else. When all else fails "reboot". Thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom