RV Slide out problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ahmetd

Hey everybody

I just got to my camping spot after driving on a bumpier dirt road for a little bit.  When I tried to slide out it wouldn't go when I went outside and had a look, the right side looks to be not aligned correctly,  the right corner is extremely pinched as if all the weight is on this corner.  This is definitely where my problem comes in anybody ever have this problem,  Know what I Can do to try to fix this?!

How to make a signature for your RV so we can serve you better.

1. Click "Profile" button towards the top of the screen.

2. Scroll down a ways and select "Modify Profile"

3. Select Forum Profile

4. Fill it out and click on "Change profile".

Year, make and model of RV would help. Perhaps someone with the same model has had the same problem.

With no idea what the RV is, my only generic idea would be to un jack l if it is leveled, put it on a level site if site is not level , carefully follow leveling procedure in manual , hope for the best.

Actually, that would be my only advice if I knew what the rig is. ???

it is a 2003 jayco granite ridge, 27 foot.  its leveled out completely right now.

I'm having a hard time comprehending what I'm seeing in that photo. Appears to be something at an upward angle on the right side? Is that the slide, or a corner of the RV and the photo is distorting the angle?  Sorry, I'm not getting the perspective to know what I'm looking at.

Is the slide mechanism a rack & pinion gear or something different?

Says he went down a really bumpy road. I am guessing the slide jumped off track. Appears the bottom is sticking out farther than the top.

I had a similar problem with my  Class C during a trip to Alaska. It turned out to be a plastic gear in the slide unit  that failed. It cost me about $200 to replace at an RV garage.

Back
Top Bottom