Toilet pedal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigbob70

The left petal on my toilet broke.....(The one that opens the flush valve..)

How involved is it to replace that petal?

All I know at this time is it's a Thretford (?) toilet....I don't know the model #

If this helps it has two floor petals...One that lets water in and the other that opens the valve to dump the contents...

It's that petal that broke...(dump contents petal)

Disregard my previous post.....

I decided replacing the toilet was a better option....

I'll do that instead of replacing a pedal.....

bigbob70 said:
Disregard my previous post.....

I decided replacing the toilet was a better option....

I'll do that instead of replacing a pedal.....
That is the very best idea you could have. Repairing RV toilets is a crappy job. I have replaced two of my toilets so far.

John

What went wrong with your Dometic 310 series toilets?  I am on my 3rd 300 series in two years.  Mine leaked at the seam on the pedestal and were replaced by Dometic at no charge.  On the new one I taped off the seam and applied three coats of RTV sealant before installing the toilet.  So far so good....

I replaced the plastic "toy" toilet in our previous RV with a Thetford Aqua Magic Style Plus (with Water Saver sprayer) porcelain bowl toilet in 2008. When we bought our current RV in 2013 that had another plastic toilet, I swapped the Style Plus with it. The only "repair" its had with full time use is a replacement bowl flush gasket, about a 20 minute job. I also used a new base gasket when installing it in our current RV of course. We really like the easy clean porcelain bowl and the standard residential seat.

Replace it.  You gotta take the old out anyway.  New is inexpensive and new.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom