EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: New owner question  (Read 236 times)

postmandug

• ---
New owner question
« on: November 09, 2017, 08:03:25 AM »
We just bought our first TT about two weeks ago. I have winterized it already but will be keeping an Edenpure heater in it for the winter at around
55  degrees or so. It IS plugged in to shore power. My question concerns the refrigerator. Should we turn it off or leave it on? If off, should we open the doors?

Thanks!
2017 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2012 Ford F250 w 6.7L Turbo Diesel, 3.73 rearend

“And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul”

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
Re: New owner question
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:15:53 AM »
You can certainly leave it on, if you wish, but if you do you'll want to be certain that the TT is level to avoid damage to the fridge. If it has an ice maker, you'll want that line winterized, too, since it's likely exposed to the outside. But for storage, I prefer (even with my residential fridge) to turn it off. If it's off you'll definitely want to leave the doors open, at least a little, to prevent mold.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL
  de N8GGG

donn

• ---
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 08:21:17 AM »
Leave the refer off and the doors open.
As for the heater?  Not really a good idea.  Better depending on your location might be a dehumidifier.  Here in the PNW I find a large dehumidifier makes a world of difference.  First trip used to always be a wet feeling bed.  Now, nice and dry.

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 08:36:07 AM »
We leave the fridge off and doors open. We don't run any heat unless we are using it. No dehumidifier either.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 12:36:18 PM »
Leave the refer off and the doors open.
As for the heater?  Not really a good idea.  Better depending on your location might be a dehumidifier.  Here in the PNW I find a large dehumidifier makes a world of difference.  First trip used to always be a wet feeling bed.  Now, nice and dry.

While the heater isn't needed if the rig is winterized, most areas of the country, especially in winter, don't have that humidity problem. Large chunks of the country won't benefit (in winter, at least) from a dehumidifier -- in fact it might freeze up (not good) in cold weather in a lot of the country, at least without heat. Wet bed? Wow!

Of course I'm in Colorado, where it's usually relatively dry, but I've lived across the midwest, even in Ohio and Pennsylvania, and haven't experienced your described conditions.

So winter needs vary with the area.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL
  de N8GGG

Hosted by Over The Network