EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Dehumidifier question...AGAIN.  (Read 215 times)

Kheren

• ---
Dehumidifier question...AGAIN.
« on: November 08, 2017, 12:45:49 PM »
Sorry I ask about the dehumidifier a lot, but Iíve had it a couple weeks now and I feel itís always on, 5 minutes off, 15 minutes on, all day and night. My home is around 50* at night and maybe 60 during the day.. I had it set to 50% then upped it to 65%...I could understand if it was that humid but even the gauge reads way below my settings and will still come on. Any advice or did I get trash? This is my model, we are in a 27í tt...thanks!
Frigidaire 30-Pint Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UWP07NI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_hd1aAb7WFB3PV

kdbgoat

• ---
Re: Dehumidifier question...AGAIN.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 12:55:26 PM »
I would contact Frigidaire and ask if that is normal. I wouldn't think it would run if the humidity is lower than the setting.

https://www.frigidaire.com/Home-Comfort/Dehumidifiers/FFAD3033R1/

There's contact numbers under the "customer support" tab, with an email option.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

grashley

• ---
  • Western KY for now.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 04:41:42 PM »
Generally, the dial on a dehumidifier is not calibrated, and simply means allow higher or lower humidity when you move the dial.  If things are too dry, just turn the setting down.  It may take a few days and adjustments to get it where you want it, and when the weather changes, you may want to adjust it again.  It sounds like it is working as designed.
Preacher Gordon
09 Grand Junction 35 TMS - not yet received
2013 F350 Lariat LB SRW Supercab diesel 4X4
Nimrod Series 70 popup (sold)
It's not a dumb question if you do not know the answer.

Kheren

• ---
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 04:47:07 PM »
I would contact Frigidaire and ask if that is normal. I wouldn't think it would run if the humidity is lower than the setting.

https://www.frigidaire.com/Home-Comfort/Dehumidifiers/FFAD3033R1/

There's contact numbers under the "customer support" tab, with an email option.

Thanks so much, Iíll ask them about it...
Generally, the dial on a dehumidifier is not calibrated, and simply means allow higher or lower humidity when you move the dial.  If things are too dry, just turn the setting down.  It may take a few days and adjustments to get it where you want it, and when the weather changes, you may want to adjust it again.  It sounds like it is working as designed.

Thank you, I feel Iíve been adjusting daily, doesnít seem right when the setting is higher and it still turns on..I think Iíll email them for a troubleshoot. Seems to only happen when itís a tad cooler. 

RVRAC

• ---
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 10:35:35 PM »
I have the same unit and works well for us.  It takes a lot of water from inside our MH.
2017 Leprechaun 311 FS
Toad: 2016 Jeep Patriot
American Dolly
Home: WI
Snowbird 6 months/yr.

Kheren

• ---
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 08:53:07 AM »
I have the same unit and works well for us.  It takes a lot of water from inside our MH.
Oh it seems to work great, I just donít understand coming on when itís 50% and I have it set to 65%, but yes the amount of water is amazing....makes me want to recycle it somehow. Lol

Hosted by Over The Network