Dehumidifier question...AGAIN.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kheren

Sorry I ask about the dehumidifier a lot, but I?ve had it a couple weeks now and I feel it?s always on, 5 minutes off, 15 minutes on, all day and night. My home is around 50* at night and maybe 60 during the day.. I had it set to 50% then upped it to 65%...I could understand if it was that humid but even the gauge reads way below my settings and will still come on. Any advice or did I get trash? This is my model, we are in a 27? tt...thanks!
Frigidaire 30-Pint Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UWP07NI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_hd1aAb7WFB3PV

I would contact Frigidaire and ask if that is normal. I wouldn't think it would run if the humidity is lower than the setting.

https://www.frigidaire.com/Home-Comfort/Dehumidifiers/FFAD3033R1/

There's contact numbers under the "customer support" tab, with an email option.

Generally, the dial on a dehumidifier is not calibrated, and simply means allow higher or lower humidity when you move the dial.  If things are too dry, just turn the setting down.  It may take a few days and adjustments to get it where you want it, and when the weather changes, you may want to adjust it again.  It sounds like it is working as designed.

kdbgoat said:
I would contact Frigidaire and ask if that is normal. I wouldn't think it would run if the humidity is lower than the setting.

https://www.frigidaire.com/Home-Comfort/Dehumidifiers/FFAD3033R1/

There's contact numbers under the "customer support" tab, with an email option.

Thanks so much, I?ll ask them about it...
grashley said:
Generally, the dial on a dehumidifier is not calibrated, and simply means allow higher or lower humidity when you move the dial.  If things are too dry, just turn the setting down.  It may take a few days and adjustments to get it where you want it, and when the weather changes, you may want to adjust it again.  It sounds like it is working as designed.

Thank you, I feel I?ve been adjusting daily, doesn?t seem right when the setting is higher and it still turns on..I think I?ll email them for a troubleshoot. Seems to only happen when it?s a tad cooler. 

I have the same unit and works well for us.  It takes a lot of water from inside our MH.

RVRAC said:
I have the same unit and works well for us.  It takes a lot of water from inside our MH.
Oh it seems to work great, I just don?t understand coming on when it?s 50% and I have it set to 65%, but yes the amount of water is amazing....makes me want to recycle it somehow. Lol

i'm using an 80 pint friedrich unit in my rig, and if i have it set to any decent setting, it cycles way too much and becomes a real annoyance. so i set it to its most aggressive setting (30% humidity) and turn it on and off manually as desired. for me thats better than 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off.

Most add on appliances, ie humidifier, dehumidifier, portable heater etc,  The gauges generally are not highly accurate, but generally repeatable.  Find the setting that works best, mark it with a Sharpie.

My Frigidaire Dehumidifier will cycle the fan on for short periods (but not the compressor) if the humidity is lower than but close to the set value. I assumed this is to circulate the air to get a truer read on the room humidity level. Drove me nuts too until I realized what was going on.

I use a digital humidistat to monitor the room. As spencerpj mentioned the humidistat on the unit may not be high in absolute accuracy but it will likely be repeatable. I don't think it's uncommon to have to set it 10% or so off from the level you really want to maintain.

Tom

Heli_av8tor said:
My Frigidaire Dehumidifier will cycle the fan on for short periods (but not the compressor) if the humidity is lower than but close to the set value. I assumed this is to circulate the air to get a truer read on the room humidity level. Drove me nuts too until I realized what was going on.

I use a digital humidistat to monitor the room. As spencerpj mentioned the humidistat on the unit may not be high in absolute accuracy but it will likely be repeatable. I don't think it's uncommon to have to set it 10% or so off from the level you really want to maintain.

Tom

Thank you, yes our digital reads within 5-10 % difference. I also noticed the fan thing without the compressor, sometimes within seconds after turning off. Drove me batty too. Another thing I?ve realized is that when the bucket is almost full it comes on more, like it detects it?s own water lol, so I dump before it says to...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom