Installed Cheap Heat -- WOW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigdon68

We installed the Cheap Heat system into our Mobile Suites and we may never use propane again.    http://www.rvcomfortsystems.com/#

We have an electric induction cook top as well as a microwave/convection oven.  Since we don't use propane to cook we may never have to buy propane again.  Of course I will keep the bottles filled just in case the power does totally go out.

Check it out.  We love it.  Dealers like RV's For Less in Knoxville like it so much they install it in every new unit on their lot.

Enjoy the road.  We do.

Wow this looks awesome...I use propane to cook but barely use the furnace bc it goes through so much propane. This would be a great alternative to keeping my space heaters around. How does adding this unit affect their pricing?

cheapheat is great as long as you have plenty of electric power. On a 30A shore power hook-up, it is limited to 1800 watts but that is still 50% of the total power available and means you will almost surely need to operate other appliances on gas. 50A RVs can run the cheapheat at 3750 or even 5000 watts and still have sufficient power left over for other things.

Gee. I'm using 2150 Watts of heat just now (I'm on 30 amps so I do not want to go to higher wattage)

I use multiple space heaters (1500 watt) and a 750 watt Mini-Fire place.

I wonder if it's cheaper  than propane if you have to pay for your electricity.

John From Detroit said:
Gee. I'm using 2150 Watts of heat just now (I'm on 30 amps so I do not want to go to higher wattage)

I use multiple space heaters (1500 watt) and a 750 watt Mini-Fire place.

The difference between what you are doing and Cheap Heat is the fact that Cheap Heat runs through the normal furnace ducts and keeps the basement warm.

ChasA said:
I wonder if it's cheaper  than propane if you have to pay for your electricity.

1 gallon of propane has about the same energy as 30 kWHr.  Of course, the electric heat does not dump any heat out the vent like propane so you likely use more propane to hold the same temperature in the RV depending on your particular furnace.  Sooo, where we live, propane is about $3/gallon and electricity is about $0.15/kWHr, so 30 kWhr costs about $4.50 plus some taxes and stuff.  The furnace might be about 80% efficient so that makes the propane equivalent cost about $3.75.  So the electricity is about 20-25% more.  If you're paying more or less for electricity or propane, you'll have to adjust the numbers.  Natural Gas heating is a whole different story since it is far less expensive.

Back
Top Bottom