EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Dealers with a large show room  (Read 503 times)

Oscar11

• ---
Dealers with a large show room
« on: November 18, 2017, 02:47:38 AM »
Hi, we are newly retirees from Australia planning to buy a RV in the US and do extensive travelling around. Early next year we will be visiting friends in Denver and after that planning to go to Nevada and Arizona. We would like to visit dealers with big show rooms where we can see different models of RVs and decide what we would like to have. After that we will go into the market to buy. We are making some homework in the Internet but we have to physically see and walk into them to make our mind. Any recommendation of dealers around Denver, Las Vegas and Phoenix with really large show rooms? 

Thanks, Oscar   

llib enad

• ---
Re: Dealers with a large show room
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 04:37:31 AM »
     Lazy Days on I 25 North of Denver at about mile marker 250, has the largest show room that I know of.  On you way North out of Denver, you will see a few more large dealerships
 a few miles south of Lazy Days.

Bill Dane
99 Country Coach

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 04:16:24 PM »
Johnnie Walker RV 3700 Boulder Highway in Las Vegas are excellent and let you camp in their yard for a few nights to check everything is to your satisfaction.  We dealt with Steve Van Hoose.
Jackie n Steve - Happy Scottish Travellers

2017 Heartland Sundance 288rls
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi

Home in Scotland eagerly awaiting next trip!

prfcdoc

• ---
  • Happy to be alive!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 08:20:25 PM »
Or, if you're looking in the winter (early in the year North of the equator), there are many RV shows at that time of the year. There, they have multiple dealers with hundreds of different units to inspect.
Bob
Bob & Kathy
Saving and researching for our future extended road trip.
2017 F350, Diesel
5th wheel TBD

Peteyboy

• ---
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 06:56:49 AM »
LaMesa in Phoenix has a showroom, but don't remember how big it is.  Most dealerships have their rigs outside and I don't know why looking at one outside would be a problem.
Pete & Sandy
2015 Itasca Suncruiser 37F
11 CRV

steveblonde

• ---
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 08:29:33 AM »
most dealerships leave the units unlocked if they are in a gated compound
2015 Voltage 3305 Toy Hauler - loaded
2017 Ford Escape my Daily driver - first Ford in 25 yrs
2017 Black on Black F350 Diesel Dually loaded (First Ford Truck after 17 GMs) 5200lbs cargo/weight capacity named Kong

" If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space"
From Canada Eh?

Oscar11

• ---
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 07:44:23 AM »
Thanks everybody. Lazy Days appears to be very big indeed and La Mesa in Phoenix, I just discovered on the Internet, has two, one on East Phoenix and the other on West Phoenix. I took note of the one in Las Vegas. Will contact Mr Van Hoose ahead of out trip. As we are heading to the US in May I guess will be a little late for the shows but I'll check in the Internet to see if there is still one running in the second half of May.

Thanks again for all this information. Is giving me a good starting point. 

Best regards and happy Thanksgiving to all, Oscar

Isaac-1

• ---
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 09:28:47 AM »
I was also going to suggest checking out the RV show schedule.  RV shows are typically held at convention centers, and other large civic venues and since multiple dealerships are generally represented one gets to see a good cross section of the major RV brands.  For example individual dealerships will often carry only one upper tier brand of coaches, but going to an RV show you can do side by side comparison between more brands.  Most of the major RV shows occur across the country between about January through March, with the earlier ones being in the more southern / warmer locations.

You don't specify your schedule, so it is hard to make specific suggestions though consider:

http://www.corvshow.com/

2002 Safari Trek 2830

YLBlues

• ---
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »
Is there a location to find show schedules?

Arch Hoagland

• ---
  • Clovis CA
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 09:55:26 PM »
Do you know which state you will register the RV in? 

Also have you checked on getting insurance over here?

We drive on the wrong side over here too...
2004 Monaco La Palma 36 DBD
W22, 8.1 gas,  Allison 1000 Transmission
7.1 MPG over 80,000 miles

2000 Lexus RX300, 4020lb
U.S. Gear Braking System

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 01:50:01 PM »
Thanks everybody. Lazy Days appears to be very big indeed and La Mesa in Phoenix, I just discovered on the Internet, has two, one on East Phoenix and the other on West Phoenix. I took note of the one in Las Vegas. Will contact Mr Van Hoose ahead of out trip. As we are heading to the US in May I guess will be a little late for the shows but I'll check in the Internet to see if there is still one running in the second half of May.

Thanks again for all this information. Is giving me a good starting point. 

Best regards and happy Thanksgiving to all, Oscar
Johnnie Walker have 2 showrooms, the address I gave you is their original spot. Steve was a pleasure to deal with never any pressure. We go in and visit when we are in town. 😁
Jackie n Steve - Happy Scottish Travellers

2017 Heartland Sundance 288rls
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi

Home in Scotland eagerly awaiting next trip!

Hosted by Over The Network