Lost power to Passenger slide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ready2roll

Now the bad.....how did I wind up here

We brought the RV back towards our house to show a few friends our RV purchase. After all the looking around it was time to puller in and close it up. This model has 3 slides and all deployed normal. The passenger side slide had a peculiar sound when unlocking put slid out just fine, going back in not so good.  Of the slides out.. 2 came back in fine the third slide retracted okay but when we went to lock it in place the locking mechanism had a different sound, a little more deeper. Instead of a winding sound, it was just short of a grinding sound. Now everytime before the Locking device would just stop when it completed locking..about 7 sec...this last time it went for double that, and at that point I stopped pushing the button... Now it seems to have no power... no unlocking, or slide movement....on the passenger side slide only. The other slides are working fine, and no other electrical issues.

Question: Where is the breaker/fuse for the passenger side slide? I have checked everywhere that I know of..

I reset the Digisystem and still no power to that particular slide. i removed 2 screws and pushed the reset button.

The Parking brake was set, the other slides worked as requested.

Question: Where is the locking device located. There is a black cover in one of the over head bins, in the center of the slide, is that the locking device?

Question: Is there any serviceable fuses under that cover?

Question: Are the lock paramount to moving the RV?

Thanks in advance for all the people that reply!

Sounds like you have Power Gear slides. The black box in the overhead cabinet is where the locking mechanism is.
First, you should have your engine running when operating the jacks or slideouts. The jacks and I slides operate from the chassis batteries and running the  engine helps supply the needed extra power.
Now, concerning the locks. There are two microswitches in the mechanism that prevent the slides from operating if the lock is locked.  One of my switches fell apart preventing the slides from working. I just cut the switches out and spliced the wires together.  Now I just have to be careful to not operate the slides without first unlocking it.

New information:

What I know

Motor and relay for Passenger slide Locking device is located in an over head compartment in middle of slide.

Short story is you tap on the Motor several times and it comes alive again.

The long story if your interested..........There are two micro switches that control the on / off control for motor. It appears one of the arms on one of the switches was not adjusted properly and would not complete the circuit. That circuit tells the the main board your lock is wound up in the release position. Simply put, no complete circuit no slide power. But the real problem may be in the motor. I was able to get the lock to work several times with the tapping method. There is no issue with the slide itsself .

Question: has anyone else had this issue?

I might try to change out motors. Has anyone changed the motor out?

I tried to attach some pictures but they were to LARGE

Thanks in advance for your help 

Ready2roll said:
I tried to attach some pictures but they were to LARGE

If you are using a PC, open the pic up in Paint and resize it there. I use the percentage option and pick 25%. That has worked well for me in the past.

I would suspect the switches before the motor. Jumper around the switches and then try the slides several times.

Just an update,

The motor for the slide lock froze up a few times and is running fine now. I had to lightly tap on the motor housing a few times. Obviously something is causing this so I may try to replace it.  Does anyone know where you can purchase a new or rebuilt? Can you just buy the motor? I didn't see any identifying markings.

thanks

Just re-sized some pictures for any future reference to this or anyother issue.

Attachments

• IMG_3318.JPG
    IMG_3318.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3320.JPG
    IMG_3320.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3324.JPG
    IMG_3324.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3325.JPG
    IMG_3325.JPG