Are Travel Trailers A Fairly New Line For Winnebago?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NCSU Dad

I don't recall seeing any offered for sale used. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places on the internet.

I went to the Winnebago Museum in Forest City Iowa a few years ago. They have a 1947 Winnebago TT on display. So I guess they are not too new.

SeilerBird said:
I went to the Winnebago Museum in Forest City Iowa a few years ago. They have a 1947 Winnebago TT on display. So I guess they are not too new.

The reason I was questioning their newness is I don't see them offered used. At least not on the few classified sites I visit.

Do they have a devoted following like Airstream were many get sold word of mouth and never make it to the classifieds?

NCSU Dad said:
The reason I was questioning their newness is I don't see them offered used. At least not on the few classified sites I visit.

Do they have a devoted following like Airstream were many get sold word of mouth and never make it to the classifieds?

I'll try to keep my mouth shut on this one to keep out of trouble. :-X

Search all of Craigslist and found a bunch:

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=008732268318596706411:nhtd4cwl5xu&q=Winnebago%20trailer&oq=Winnebago%20trailer&gs_l=partner.3...2642.6770.0.6992.17.10.0.7.7.0.181.1125.2j8.10.0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13...0.4133j1374915j18..1ac.1.25.partner..5.12.685.HrJH0wnxwo8#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=Winnebago%20trailer&gsc.page=1

Winnie did not offer any trailers for a number of years. Then they bought Sunnybrook and soon had an extensive line up. That was quite a few years ago now, so there will surely be used Winnebago trailers on the market. They also own the Grand Design brand.

You may be missing some used ones because of the naming. Many of there TT's are just called "Minnie" or some variation of that and do not have Winnebago in the name.

Winnebago bought trailer manufacturer Sunnybrook three or four years ago and just a year ago or so bought the high-flying and popular Grand Design trailer manufacturer. So no, there won't be a bunch on the used market.

SeilerBird said:
Search all of Craigslist and found a bunch:

Thanks for expanding my horizon. I don't see them on Craigslist in my neck of the woods.

There is nothing very unique about either as far as engineering - just rebranded versions of most of what is out there otherwise. 

kdbgoat said:
I'll try to keep my mouth shut on this one to keep out of trouble. :-X
I recall from a few years back that Winnebago bought Sunnybrook travel trailer company and now make their trailers in that factory.  We were familiar with Sunnybrook and it was #1 on our trailer list when we were trying to decide between motorhome and trailer.  So look for used Sunnybrook and you will probably have the predecessor to Winnebago trailers.

Winnebago travel trailers are not new. Here's a few:  https://www.pinterest.com/ontheroadstudio/winnebago-vintage-travel-trailers/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom