EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: SeilerBird uses a real camera  (Read 1050 times)

AngryBert

• ---
Re: SeilerBird uses a real camera
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2018, 08:45:49 PM »
Wow! Your bird shots are very nice, but I love your macros. There is something fascinating about bugs with a macro lens.

Thanks very much - me too on macros but I'm still learning that genre.  It's completely different from what I'm used to.

AngryBert

• ---
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2018, 08:47:03 PM »
I love your images.  It might take a pro photographer to truly appreciate your shots.  Obviously they were not taken with a cell phone.

Don't carry a cell phone...  Ever...   :)  We have one in the RV for emergencies and it's pay as you go.   :)

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2018, 10:13:46 PM »
While you are beating up on Tom Seiler for stating his opinion and preferences, it might be good to remember that this is a recreational forum whose members take recreational photos to remember their recreational experiences.  I don't think it matters to most of us whether these experiences are recorded by a flip phone, a cell phone camera or a fancy professional grade camera.  Now that he's stated his case, and you've stated yours, can we just get on with it?

JoelP

• ---
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2018, 01:30:05 AM »

Thanks very, very much.  It's my hobby.  I'm a die hard Canon fan.  Cell phones will never equal the abilities of a DSLR.  Cell phone for sports?  I had coffee coming out of my nose.

I'm in the Pacific Northwest..

I belong to a camera club that has members from beginners to master's level.  We all compete regardless of the level of camera we own.  Many use cell phones with far less quality optics than my SLR , but they  regularly win competitions because that are far more skilled than me with composition and are far more skilled and inventive with Photoshop and other tools.  One other thing that i have learned is that I don't have the patience for bird photography, which often requires lying on a beach for an entire day waiting for the perfect shot from the ideal angle. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate great bird photography.
Joel from San Jose

2010 Itasca Suncruiser 37F
8.1L Chevy Workhorse with Banks PowerPack
2016 CMax Energi Hybrid dinghy

AngryBert

• ---
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2018, 09:47:34 AM »
I belong to a camera club that has members from beginners to master's level.  We all compete regardless of the level of camera we own.  Many use cell phones with far less quality optics than my SLR , but they  regularly win competitions because that are far more skilled than me with composition and are far more skilled and inventive with Photoshop and other tools.  One other thing that i have learned is that I don't have the patience for bird photography, which often requires lying on a beach for an entire day waiting for the perfect shot from the ideal angle. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate great bird photography.

It's true that the best camera is the one you have with you.

MN Blue Skies

• ---
  • Favorite saying: "It depends."
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2018, 08:13:10 PM »
Angry Bert, your images are beyond a hobby.  I hope you stick around to share your techniques. 

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:39:29 PM by MN Blue Skies »
A girl called Max, her husband Eric, Princess Kitty, and Molly the Service Dog in training.

2013 Cougar High Country 315 RES ( A 35' 5th Wheel)
"Big Blue" 2012 RAM 3500 Big Horn (Cummins Diesel 1 ton)

MN Blue Skies

• ---
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2018, 08:28:57 PM »
Angry Bert, I'm also a Canon user.  What body do you shoot with, what are your favorite lenses, and do you use a tripod.  Your images are usually tack sharp.  Thanks for sharing that your photography is your hobby.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:39:50 PM by MN Blue Skies »
A girl called Max, her husband Eric, Princess Kitty, and Molly the Service Dog in training.

MN Blue Skies

• ---
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2018, 08:31:29 PM »
I think we can all learn from each other. I wish we could have one discussion for cell phones and one for DSLRs.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:37:15 PM by MN Blue Skies »

AngryBert

• ---
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2018, 09:05:23 PM »
Angry Bert, I'm also a Canon user.  What body do you shoot with, what are your favorite lenses, and do you use a tripod.  Your images are usually tack sharp.  Thanks for sharing that your photography is your hobby.

I use three bodies and a stack of lenses.

I shoot a 5D4, 7D2, and have a 70D for video.  I also have a 40D hanging out for time lapse, and an old Rebel Xt because it was my first DSLR.

Wildlife setup is usually a 100-400L II with 1.4X III for a reach of 560mm on the 5D4.  With the 5D4 all focal points are active in this combo.

My better half calls my stuff my 'golf clubs' because I don't play golf and she uses the stuff as much as me.   :)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:11:02 PM by AngryBert »

AngryBert

• ---
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2018, 09:09:57 PM »
Angry Bert, your images are beyond a hobby.  I hope you stick around to share your techniques.

Mt technique is to go out and look for things to take pictures of and do my best when good stuff happens.  I'll be happy to answer any kind of question but I don't want to offend anyone here who thinks camera photography requires 'lugging' gear or whatnot.

I'm really just a guy who carries a camera around and prays for the best when an opportunity arises.

Maybe we should talk offline.

As a sidenote - went out today and the Grebes and Herons were so cooperative.  Got some great shots.   :)

AngryBert

• ---
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2018, 09:12:06 PM »
While you are beating up on Tom Seiler for stating his opinion and preferences, it might be good to remember that this is a recreational forum whose members take recreational photos to remember their recreational experiences.  I don't think it matters to most of us whether these experiences are recorded by a flip phone, a cell phone camera or a fancy professional grade camera.  Now that he's stated his case, and you've stated yours, can we just get on with it?

Who's beating up on Tom Seiler?  Differing opinions aren't welcome?  wow..............

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2018, 10:14:58 PM »
Who's beating up on Tom Seiler?  Differing opinions aren't welcome?  wow..............

What part of  "I don't think it matters to most of us whether these experiences are recorded by a flip phone, a cell phone camera or a fancy professional grade camera." did you not get? 

That's my differing opinion. My opinion is welcome here, as is yours, as is anyone else's opinion.  Sorry we don't agree with you on your opinions.  So, do we need to?  I don't think so.

AngryBert

• ---
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2018, 11:28:54 PM »
What part of  "I don't think it matters to most of us whether these experiences are recorded by a flip phone, a cell phone camera or a fancy professional grade camera." did you not get? 

That's my differing opinion. My opinion is welcome here, as is yours, as is anyone else's opinion.  Sorry we don't agree with you on your opinions.  So, do we need to?  I don't think so.

"While you are beating up on Tom Seiler for stating his opinion and preferences"

Your words man.  No one is beating on anyone except you.

Hosted by Over The Network