Most effective way to winterize your RV - Nudge Nudge Wink Wink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FLMikeG

I see a ton of posts about winterizing RV's and I usually skip right over them.

Despite my lack of experience with winterizing, I would like to share this method that I use : Florida.

Come on down. We have over 150 state parks, several national parks, several state forests, a handful of national forests, 3 or 4 COE parks, and more RV parks than you can shake an awning rod at.  :)

Attachments

• florida-cold-2.jpg
    florida-cold-2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 46
FLMikeG said:
I see a ton of posts about winterizing RV's and I usually skip right over them.

Despite my lack of experience with winterizing, I would like to share this method that I use : Florida.

Come on down. We have over 150 state parks, several national parks, several state forests, a handful of national forests, 3 or 4 COE parks, and more RV parks than you can shake an awning rod at.  :)
Auburn, CA also works. Rarely gets to freezing temps here. And the RV is always ready to go. I don't have to worry about snow, like I do at my two  Reno, NV homes.

One of the reasons I purchased this home was to "winterize" my RV by parking it here!

BTW, I have never been to FL, but I have always wanted to visit. Especially the Everglades. I am leaving this Sunday for Southern  AZ, and I have NO plans on when to return. Heck, I could even end up in FL this trip.

Here it is 1,645' elevation. My two Reno homes are right at 5,000' feet elevation, 17 miles apart. Snow there is common. Already has some of it there  a couple of weeks ago.

If I had my RV there now, I would already have it winterized. Here, in Auburn, it is 55?F, right now, & it's after 2000 hrs.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

Here is the problem with living in Auburn, it is very expensive:

Average Rent in Auburn, CA
Studio: $1429
1 bedroom: $1533
2 bedrooms: $1754
3 bedrooms: $2143

And for Orlando:

Average Rent in Orlando, FL
Studio: $652
1 bedroom: $1122
2 bedrooms: $1387
3 bedrooms: $1509

These figures are from www.apartmentguide.com/

SeilerBird said:
Here is the problem with living in Auburn, it is very expensive:

Average Rent in Auburn, CA
Studio: $1429
1 bedroom: $1533
2 bedrooms: $1754
3 bedrooms: $2143

And for Orlando:

Average Rent in Orlando, FL
Studio: $652
1 bedroom: $1122
2 bedrooms: $1387
3 bedrooms: $1509

These figures are from www.apartmentguide.com/
Auburn is dirt cheap compared to where I came from (South San Francisco, CA). I sold my small dump in SSF and bought this much nicer place, which is four times the size at a lower price in a much nicer area with a lot more land (more than an acre here). If this place were in the SF area, it would be worth several million.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

DonTom said:
Auburn is dirt cheap compared to where I came from (South San Francisco, CA). I sold my small dump in SSF and bought this much nicer place, which is four times the size at a lower price in a much nicer area with a lot more land (more than an acre here). If this place were in the SF area, it would be worth several million.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
Boy you got that right Don:

Average Rent in South Beach, San Francisco, CA
Studio: $2995
1 bedroom: $3098
2 bedrooms: $3998
3 bedrooms: $4157

Jeff.....They just don?t understand and can?t comprehend!  ;D  We?re ?not? winterized, was 2 degrees F a few mornings ago, and wouldn?t trade where we are for any place in California or Florida!

A couple of working stiffs here that eventually plan on winterizing using the "point it south" method for a couple of months per year anyway but for now we'll have to do it the traditional way. Had a dusting of snow this morning.

Rene T said:
Jeff, you fish for ice.  :eek: ::) ;D  I just go to my freezer and take what I need.  ;)
:)) :))
I got a piece of salmon defrosting right now. My nephew loves to fish and get this, he throws back what ever he catches.  :eek: I mean what is the point of spending all that time and money and then toss it back in? Like Steven Wright says "There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot."

Alpena Jeff said:
I ice fish. Y'all welcome!

There is no ice that's thick enough to stand on in MI now so Ice fishing has to wait.

However the temp of 19 degrees this morning is making me look forward to FL in a big way.  ;D

[quote author=SeilerBird]... Average Rent in South Beach, San Francisco, CA[/quote]

That was South San Francisco, not South Beach San Francisco. Big difference.

Tom said:
That was South San Francisco, not South Beach San Francisco. Big difference.
Well since South San Francisco is not really a city I used that instead. Here are the numbers for San Francisco proper. I doubt that South San Francisco is much different:

Average Rent in San Francisco, CA

Well since South San Francisco is not really a city ... I doubt that South San Francisco is much different

I'd expect South San Francisco to be significantly lower in price that SFO. Meanwhile SSFO is definitely a city, or at least they think so  ;)

SeilerBird said:
Well since South San Francisco is not really a city I used that instead. Here are the numbers for San Francisco proper. I doubt that South San Francisco is much different:

Average Rent in San Francisco, CA
South San Francisco is NOT in San Francisco. SF is in SF county. SSF is in San Mateo County. To go from SSF to SF, you must pass through several other cities, such as Daly City, Coma, Brisbane or Pacifica, depending on where from in SSF.

If you're not yet confused, I will try a bit harder: SSF is North of the San Francisco Airport which is on SF property, but SF is to the north of SSF.

BTW, I lived in zip code 94080. So use that instead of a city name to determine the house values.

And BTW, here in Auburn, I am so far north in Auburn that I am NOT in North Auburn. North Auburn  is south of me here as I am in just plain Auburn up farther north than North Auburn.  Here, I am in zip 95602.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

Tom said:
I'd expect South San Francisco to be significantly lower in price that SFO. Meanwhile SSFO is definitely a city, or at least they think so  ;)
My SSF dumpy house  was here, in zip 94080.

But I need to explain something. You can almost never get a house in that area for the asking price. They ask low, to get more people to look and start bidding up the price.

Realtors always play this game in hot areas.

So NEVER look at the selling price. Look at the sold for prices ONLY.

All the for sale asking prices are meaningless there. They should all ask two cents, as it the price they sell at usually  has nothing or very little to do with the asking price.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom