any one replace stereo in F450 based RV with android stereo head unit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go to crutchfiend.com.  they have lots of instructions, all the necessary hardware to do it.

crutchfield really is too high price for what I want to spend, besides, they really don't carry a true "android based stereo head unit", their idea of android is something that is compatible with "android play", and not a an android based stereo head unit.  I'm surprised by lack response as I know there are alot of techies in the RV world.

enlighten me....what do you mean by a "true android" one?

Does google actually make one?

It has been many years since I used to peruse the crutchfield catalog and really cared which DIN standard was in my truck, or dreamed about upgrading my "sound"....so I am officially out of touch with the latest standards and options for such things.

I am interested though in the thought of something "android" if it brings some functionality without too steep of a cost, to what is currently a lump in the dash board that gets little use.  Something that would enhance my use of my phone's map and navigation tools might be interesting.

blw2 said:
enlighten me....what do you mean by a "true android" one?

Does google actually make one?

It has been many years since I used to peruse the crutchfield catalog and really cared which DIN standard was in my truck, or dreamed about upgrading my "sound"....so I am officially out of touch with the latest standards and options for such things.

I am interested though in the thought of something "android" if it brings some functionality without too steep of a cost, to what is currently a lump in the dash board that gets little use.  Something that would enhance my use of my phone's map and navigation tools might be interesting.

Google pumpkin android stereo, one of many true android based systems.  Search sounstream, they have a double screen in a single din format.

Back
Top Bottom