Freightliner Air Bag Adjustment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KandT

On my 2005 Winnie Vectra, I noticed that the right rear side is lower than the left.

In my younger years I would have grabbed a wrench and tried to adjust at the air bag height adjustment.  Now older and wiser, I decided to do some research and then mess it up :D

Has anyone done this and can offer me advice or tips to point me toward the right direction.  I have been under her and noticed the adjustment arms.  How do I know what height each corner should be?  It doesn't seem out of my league and a chance to learn another new skill.

Thanks!

The ride height control valve is simple enough and the arm mechanically controls the opening/closing of the valve. Some arms are adjusted by re-positioning the actuator on the arm, while others may be bent up/down to alter height.

There is a ride height spec for each chassis model, so I suggest you contact Freightliner Customer Service (1-800-FTL-HELP, 24/7) and ask about the spec and where to measure the height on yours. Have the last 6 digits of your VIN handy.

Here is some help on Freightliner Ride Height:
http://www.tiffinrvnetwork.com/crusingator/P/P-038.pdf

Perfect - I am quite grateful for all of your help, Gary!

check the linkage ends on the rods while you are under there. Mine were cracked and only noticeable when I tried to move them. It seems they made the ends on mine out of a rubber. Not the best choice

The rear is suppose to be 10 and a 1/4 and I got 10 and 7/8th.

The front was more off.  It is suppose be 15.7. I got 17 on one side although I wasn?t perfectly level.  I assume when they say from shock brack to bracket they mean the inside of both the brackets. 

I did find the valves and the two nuts that hold them to the rod.  It wasn?t immediately apparent how they would adjust because what was  under  the nut was covered in rubber.  I assume I loosen those nuts though and can adjust up or down by changing where it is tightened when it is connected to the rod????

Here are some pics of where to measure the ride height on the front IFS:

Attachments

• ZF_IFS_Ride_Height.jpg
    ZF_IFS_Ride_Height.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 24
  • ZF_IFS_Shocks_Bottom2.jpg
    ZF_IFS_Shocks_Bottom2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 19
Example: my American Tradition is measured between the center of each shock bolt.>>>D (ALWAYS USE JACKSTANDS OR BLOCKING WHEN UNDER THE COACH)

Also,, check with soupy water on the height control valve itself for leakage. These things are made of plastic , and with age they crack and leak,, must be replaced.>>>Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom