Dried up Black Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Betty,
Guess I've found my calling! :D

Woody and Tom,
Oh, and in the Backawanna River off of Lake Superior a Johnson Silver Minnow in camo finish works best for Steelhead trout in the fall. You can drag other lures up and down that river and the camo finish will catch fish consistently while other get skunked.

I did say "most", and was just quoting the experts, but we can certainly have a discussion about it over a few pints. Woody, those fish must have some pretty keen eyesight, being able to see lures in camo dress!

Had a friend who had a Schnauzer. She swore that dog could differentiate colors, and would 'prove' it by lining up a series of rubber balls, exactly alike except for color. On the command "Camille, get the red (or blue or black or whatever color) ball", the dog would immediately go over to the lineup and return with the proper ball. I was amazed, but skeptical. A few days later, I showed up with 2 more balls; one blue and the other green. I held the blue one close to her and said "new blue ball" a few times, and added it to the original group. Next I took the green ball, held it close to her, and said "red ball" a few times, and added it to the lineup. We then took her out of the room, and I mixed up the balls, but noted where the new blue ball was. Dog is back. "Get the blue ball". She got the right one, and I replaced it in the lineup while changing the positions without her seeing what I was doing. "Get the new blue ball". Again, she got the right one, and I replaced it and mixed them up again. Now I said "Get the red ball". She trotted over to the balls, and ignoring the others, went back and forth between the red ball and the green ball which I had told her was really red. She was totally confused and couldn't make a decision which one was really the red ball, despite their obvious difference in color! I'm guessing that she had a scent pattern stored for each ball which corresponded to the word associated with it, but now had TWO scent patterns for the same word and couldn't resolve the conflict. Needless to say, both dog and owner were not happy. Anyone have other ideas?   

I think our our Schnauzer would have trouble with just the "ball" concept, let alone colors :)

Richard  if you'll check back I didn't call TSP an Acid  I said Is somewhat LIKE muratic Acid.  Never said it was that I know of.  I know is a very harsh products and wouldn't use it as they were intending.

Well basic or acid, it is corrosive to metal.  I would wonder about one's knife valves, if the stuff were used in high concentration.

Karl said:
I believe the valves are made of some kind of plastic or phenolic resin which would be impervious to it.

Now that I think of it, I believe you are right.  ABS possibly.

Shayne said:
Richard  if you'll check back I didn't call TSP an Acid  I said Is somewhat LIKE muratic Acid.  Never said it was that I know of.  I know is a very harsh products and wouldn't use it as they were intending.

Shayne,

To an organic chemist/toxicologist, saying that TSP is somewhat LIKE muratic acid just doesn't make sense.:eek: For the average Joe, your statement might give the impression that TSP is acidic. It very definitely is not--it is clear at the other end of the pH scale from hydrochloric acid.

Richard

Whether acid ( which TSP is not) or a base ( which TSP is) doesn't matter as far as the the effect on the Black Water Tank the results is that TSP will kill the bacteria in the BWT just as Bleach will do.  Not a good thing.

Kral:

Your reply #81 to this topic......
I told you one good Cat story (someone's comment) in another thread, and you had no response good or bad....
But your DOG story will get a response from me!  WOW! get your boots on everyone.....
Your kidding right? Or am I kidding?
Balls said the Queen.... if I had two i'd be king!
And the King laughed, not because he wanted too... but because he had too!

Mr. Bojangles

Didn't know I was talking to a Chemist/Toxicologist  I was talking to someone that knew nothing of the effects as to what it would do and it's end results.  You being the Toxicologist or Chemist should have answered the the question prior to anyone else should you have know what it was.  I personally don't care what it is I wouldn't use it.  You might as well throw Gasoline in it as to put TSP in the Black tank and that was the point the whole point and nothing but the point.  I wasn't trying to be a perfectionist,  just helping someone that didn't know, wheater to put it in a Black Tank or not.  I Think they got the point.  So Sue me.  I'll yield to the perfectionist.

Shayne said:
Didn't know I was talking to a Chemist/Toxicologist  I was talking to someone that knew nothing of the effects as to what it would do and it's end results.  You being the Toxicologist or Chemist should have answered the the question prior to anyone else should you have know what it was.  I personally don't care what it is I wouldn't use it.  You might as well throw Gasoline in it as to put TSP in the Black tank and that was the point the whole point and nothing but the point.  I wasn't trying to be a perfectionist,  just helping someone that didn't know, wheater to put it in a Black Tank or not.  I Think they got the point.  So Sue me.  I'll yield to the perfectionist.

Shayne,

Your above comments to Richard are totally uncalled for. Some of us aren't sitting at our computers 24/7 like you seem to be so we answer questions when we log on and see them.

Instead you should have thanked Richard for his information and stood corrected so you can give accurate information the next time.

Believe it or not, you're not 100% correct all the time.

OK, I've shut this topic down before it gets out of hand. I try not to pass judgement, but the respondents can review their own posts and decide for themselves.

Tom said:
OK, I've shut this topic down before it gets out of hand. I try not to pass judgement, but the respondents can review their own posts and decide for themselves.

Good call Tom,
I was very uncomfortable with the exchanges at end as messages did not seem to live up to "friendliest place on the web."  The topic was resolved anyway.

Betty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom