Kayak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditsjets7

Hi all, so I have a 2 person kayak that?s well......LONI am trying to think of a way that I can attatch it to my  Motor home. I do not want to put it on the roof, in fact I was advised against it. I was thinking of a way to attatch it to the rear ladder or underneath. Any ideas? Thank you.

Mike

Here's a link to someone else's solution. You might want to contact them and see how it's working for them. I thought it was pretty clever. http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,108506.msg976338.html#msg976338

Kev

I've seen a few attached vertically to the rear of RV's but didn't pay attention to how they were fastened.  I suspect attaching it to the ladder would work.

RV ladders aren't designed to have things hanging off of them bouncing down the road. They're barely  capable of being used as ladders, never mind cargo carriers.

ditsjets7 said:
Hi all, so I have a 2 person kayak that?s well......LONI am trying to think of a way that I can attatch it to my  Motor home. I do not want to put it on the roof, in fact I was advised against it. I was thinking of a way to attatch it to the rear ladder or underneath. Any ideas? Thank you.

Mike

How long is your kayak? Kevin provided a link as to what a member did but it looks like they are one man kayaks. A 2 person one may be 3' longer or thereabouts and may stick up too high above the roof. Can't be any higher than 13' 6".
Under the MH may be a good spot if there's a cavity for it. 2 or 3 ratchet straps should hold it real good.

HappyWanderer said:
RV ladders aren't designed to have things hanging off of them bouncing down the road. They're barely  capable of being used as ladders, never mind cargo carriers.
I used to have my dolly attached to my class C ladder when I was in the sports card business. Never did no harm and it weighs as much as kayak.

I have two person ocean kayak that weighs about 50-60 pounds. I think it's about 12-13 feet long.

Oldgator73 said:
I have two person ocean kayak that weighs about 50-60 pounds. I think it's about 12-13 feet long.

So standing on end, it would be just clearing the ground and the other end would be sticking up pretty high. Maybe close to 13' above the ground. Too high for me.

ditsjets7 said:

Mike

If you aren't pulling a toad how about a kayak trailer?

John

John97031 said:
If you aren't pulling a toad how about a kayak trailer?

John

If you are pulling a toad just lash it to the roof of the toad. When I take my kayak and TT I just lash the kayak to the roof of the truck so shouldn't be any different for a towed vehicle. Or if you don't tow a car purchase a small utility trailer from harbor freight and tie your kayak to that.

It seems likely that a two man kayak would extend well above the roof of most MH's. The drag created at 60 mph may well tear the ladder off the coach.

Ernie

Ernie n Tara said:
It seems likely that a two man kayak would extend well above the roof of most MH's. The drag created at 60 mph may well tear the ladder off the coach.

Ernie

If the wind doesn't get it, a low branch might.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom