Heartland Bighorn Traveler series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMoore071

Looking to by a new unit. Interested in the Hertland Bighorn Traveler, just wondering if anyone has any experience so far with the new Traveler Series? I'm currently in a keystone Laredo that we have had nothing but bad luck and terrible experiences with, with the unit and keystones customer service.

Welcome to the Forum!

Your experiences with the Laredo are typical of ANY manufacturer.  Your next Keystone product could be much better.  To find out, try a dart board!  ;D

Have you considered a gently used 1 or 2 year old camper?  Let the first owner get all those new camper issues fixed, then you get a camper ready to go camping.

There is a big heartland dealer near our home.  Not impressed with their build quality.  I've seen units in their showroom with walls separating, probably due to frame flex.  They are full of glitz but put together very poorly.

Friends and relatives have had serious problems.  And I mean very serious.  One lost his house because his HL fifthwheel spontaneously combusted in the middle of the night.  No cause was ever found but the investigators said it was not the refrigerator.  It was plugged in but nothing was on.

I'm not a Heartland fan.  (Could you tell?)

grashley said:
Welcome to the Forum!

Your experiences with the Laredo are typical of ANY manufacturer.  Your next Keystone product could be much better.  To find out, try a dart board!  ;D

Have you considered a gently used 1 or 2 year old camper?  Let the first owner get all those new camper issues fixed, then you get a camper ready to go camping.
or you could be purchasing someone else's problems that they didn't want to deal with any longer!

I purchased a 2015 Bighorn in 2016 from the original owner.  Was so excited because it was my dream FW  In two years, the upholstery is peeling off the batting, the yeti tank pads have quit working, I have had the fridge worked on numerous times only to find out when they had to pull it for repair the back was not insulated and sealed, the "under mount sink" was falling out only to find it is an over the top sink, the finish on the wood practically rubs off with your fingers, all drawers had to be reworked because the staples fell out, door hinges worked out, and the bed screws worked out from the slide.  This is not all but I'm tired of typing.  I'm calling Heartland this week, however, I feel this will be an exercise in futility but it may help me vent.

After lots of research, I find these problems are across the board.  Now I'm stuck with a unit I would be embarrassed to sell.  What a MONEY PIT :mad:!!!  So much for the full time living they advertise.

I've never been a fan of Heartland products.  I've seen brand new units on the showroom floor with stress cracks in the interior walls.  Three of my camping buddies have Heartland products and all three have had major problems.  Really major problems.  Frame failures.  Slides pulling a floor away from the wall.  Spare tires falling off because of where HL mounted them.  And more but I'm tired of typing.

One had his catch fire for no identifiable reason.  Burned his house to the ground too.  As well as part of his neighbors house.  Lost almost everything in the house.

Unfortunately all the towables at those price points aren't much better.  Staples pull out.  Screws get loose.  I use toothpicks and glue to tighten up the screws.  Particle board is the worst!

Unfortunately, I Know your right.  My Bighorn has not been out since I bought it.  We plan on doing some travel this year.  So far, I haven't had some of the problems you stated you now of.  We will see how it goes.  If I could trade for something better I would.  Just not sure that product is out there. Just Had to vent.!!

Back
Top Bottom