Help With a Leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BinaryStar

First let me say that I have learned so much from this forum over the last couple of years.  I have tackled many repairs on my old dinosaur that I could not have succeeded at without the resources and posts here. So a big thank you to all that contribute here!

I'm looking for suggestions on what could be causing the leak shown in the pictures.  I repaired damage to my roof this summer and replaced the EPDM membrane, and I can't fathom where this could be coming from.  It has leaked here before the repairs, and I attributed it to the roof issue but now it's back.  Last year I removed the emergency window and replace the butyl tape, so I don't think it could be coming from there.  The screws for the rear view camera are sealed.  I've never sealed the marker lights but the sealant there looks OK. I went up on the roof a couple of weeks ago and appplied lap sealant to anything that looked even remotely suspect.  I'm stumped - any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Jim R.

Attachments

• IMG_1556_resized.jpg
    IMG_1556_resized.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1557_resized.jpg
    IMG_1557_resized.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 40
If it was me, I would remove all the lights, the camera and the screws holding the camera cable and reseal everything. Looking at your first picture, it looks like the caulking behind the lights is in pretty bad shape.
Before screwing in the screws, squirt some caulking in the hole then install the screws and don't be stingy with the caulking.

The top of the window frame (where the two clamps are) left side,, penetrates the wall,,the top of the window frame acts as a drip rail and collects water to drip each direction.. Across that drip rail needs chalking and wrap it AROUND the ends of the rail.....
It appears to me that water is entering at the corner and running down the INSIDE to the exit point and down the side.>>>Dan

Thanks for the replies.  I will address all items mentioned and see what happpens. It's starting to freeze in NE Ohio, but I should have a few days to work with before December. 

Back
Top Bottom