Gas Tank Filler Pipe Connecting Hose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heli_av8tor

My coach has a three rubber hoses connecting metal pipes between the filler cap and the tank. The middle one started leaking badly on my last fillup. This hose is a straight section 5-1/2" long. Should be simple enough to replace, right?

I measured the pipe going into the hose and it is 2" diameter. However, the pipe on the tank side is only 1-3/4". I haven't cut off the old hose yet and it is possible the tube has an expanded section on the end that will seal in a 2" i.d. hose. Or maybe the 2" hose will clamp down on the smaller pipe, but that seems a lot to ask of the clamp.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom

Try an industrial hose supplier. In my case it was EVCO House of Hose. I had to replace 2 filler hoses on my toy hauler. The hoses were marked as fuel hose but the inside layer expanded to the point no gasoline would flow through. Mine were not unequal sizes though. The hose guy had never seen fuel hose swell like that.

It may well squeeze,  but if you're concerned just get a thin strip of neoprene or nitrile rubber and wrap it around the pipe where the clamp is placed (nitrile preferred). See Amazon.

Ernie

Do not try to squeeze it down, will not work.

It would be difficult to get a good seal on an inserted rubber scrap.

There are reducers made for radiator hoses. Something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLSTAR-RADIATOR-HOSE-REDUCER-I-D-1-3-4-ENDS-TO-1-1-2-UNIVERSAL-RUBBER-IMCA/131718870392?hash=item1eab0e7578:g:nhcAAOSwEK9UC982&vxp=mtr

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom