Do I need a cable cord?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khansen

Sorry total newby and could not find this info in library.. Have a TT and there is a thing to hook a cable cord on outside of it, do we need to buy something to go from it to a hookup or do the full sites have a cord that hooks into what you have?
Thanks

You need your own cable. Is your RV new or used? If it's new, a cord would have come with it. If it's used, you still should have had one with the trailer but you never know what the previous owner may have done with it.

Update: I just saw in one of your previous post that it's a brand new RV. The rig should have a cord. It's not a option. If you don't have one, contact the dealer.

If you travel a lot I would suggest something like this with the push on style end connectors so you are not always trying to screw on a tv cable https://smile.amazon.com/F-Type-Push-Patch-Cable-Plated/dp/B00HEZJ0NM  the downside is they do wear out, but this beats dealing with RV park posts where the cable is loose on the inside of the box and just wants to spin all the time.

They didn't give us one that I have found but I ordered the one that was linked.. Thanks for the help..

Rene T said:
You need your own cable. Is your RV new or used? If it's new, a cord would have come with it. If it's used, you still should have had one with the trailer but you never know what the previous owner may have done with it.

Update: I just saw in one of your previous post that it's a brand new RV. The rig should have a cord. It's not a option. If you don't have one, contact the dealer.

Mine didn't come with a cable for hooking up the cable connection, and I doubt that many do.  You also have a city water connection on the trailer or camper or coach, that doesn't mean that they supply the water hose!  Sewer....same thing....they don't supply the hoses normally.  Kind of like buying a truck with the tow package on it.....they don't come with a draw bar.  Certain things have to be bought.

Khansen said:
They didn't give us one that I have found but I ordered the one that was linked.. Thanks for the help..

I had a senior moment. I thought you were talking about the RV power cord. DUH :eek: ::) :'(  What a dummy I am.

xrated said:
Mine didn't come with a cable for hooking up the cable connection, and I doubt that many do.  You also have a city water connection on the trailer or camper or coach, that doesn't mean that they supply the water hose!  Sewer....same thing....they don't supply the hoses normally.  Kind of like buying a truck with the tow package on it.....they don't come with a draw bar.  Certain things have to be bought.

You are right but I have found that some dealers up here in the northeast, will give you what they call a starter kit which includes a 25' potable water hose, a cheap sewer hose, one of those cheap water regulator, a small bubble level and sometimes some stuff to throw in your black water tank.

We got a choice of either the starter kit or $50 credit for other products or upgraded sewer hose and we opted to get upgraded sewer hose.. They also gave us another $50 for a mistake they made on paperwork so that was kind of nice..

Back
Top Bottom