Keystone Cougar 28rls tank fill valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rixtoyz

I have a 2017 Keystone Cougar 28rls.  In the manual it talks about two ways to fill the fresh water tank.  One of them is the "Pressure Water Fill" method.  To do this you hook up your hose to the city water fill valve then turn a valve to the "tank fill" position,turn on the water and fill your tank that way.  The other way is the normal gravity water fill.  My question is this - where is the tank fill valve located?  I have looked all over the bottom of the trailer and all that is there are the drains for the water lines and the fresh water tank plus a few wires.  I looked under the bathroom cabinet because it is right over the fresh water tank but there were no extra valves there.  And I looked in where the outside shower is but there was nothing there.  Does anyone know where this valve is?

It should be right near the city water inlet Mine are red and blue and have several positions including tank fill and normal (pump) and city water. the red is for winterizing.

It is "probably" located on the inside of the trailer in a kitchen counter cabinet or similar, and near the water pump itself, probably not far from the gravity feed filler which is located outside, most often on the patio side of the trailer.

Mine is under the kitchen counter right next to the water pump, above the tank itself and inserted in the water line coming from the city water connection, not much help, I know, as each trailer has its own million possible places..

There might not be one. The owners manual that we got with our trailer is rather generic. It describes several operations that do not pertain to our trailer. Apparently the manufacturer just included direction for every option that may be available and it?s up to you to figure out if they apply to your particular unit or not. It can be confusing, but it?s just another cost saving tool. Why print a different owners manual for each and every floor plan or option available when you can do just one that covers all possibilities.

I did call Keystone and they weren't too sure exactly where it was but thought it would be under the trailer next to the drain for the tank.  I even pulled out the foam to look up inside but there was no valve there.  I am pretty sure there is one and it may be barely open because I have not put water in the tank - just hooked up to the city water feed and the tank ended up half full of water after a week long trip.....

There are no valves outside by the water fill hook-ups.  I did not check under the sink since it is so far away from the tank but will do that.

Ours is a 2016 and has only one fill location as far as I know.  It's a female hose fitting in the docking station.  I've always hooked a pressured water hose to it to fill the tank.  You can choose whether the water goes into the tank or pressurize the water system with the lever beside the filler fitting.

I have a 27rks and the same place fills both the tank and the city water. Simply a lever that moves each way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom