Ford V10 Servicing???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rearbed

Hi, Have 1999 32 ft RV with V10 that is coming up to 60,000 miles. I regularly have oil filter and air filter changes. It has no problems but I feel at 60,000 it needs a service. Was thinking of the serpentine belt, coolant and transmission fluid change/flash. Interested in your opinions and suggestions. We are based in Dallas. Thanks

Most places that can fit the motorhome wouldnt have any problem with that. Dealerships. I wouldnt trust CW though

Whatever you do, don't take it to an RV dealer, take it to a Ford dealer or a repair shop that can handle the physical size of your motorhome. There's nothing special about working on the V-10 that a decent shop can't do.

Are you mechanically inclined? I changed out all of mine on our 98 Chateau. But, any local repair shop should be able to do the work. Are you in a cold weather part of the country? If not, any shop can do the work outside. The bottom radiator hose literally looks like an Octopus! It's a pain in the butt to change!

rearbed said:
Hi, Have 1999 32 ft RV with V10 that is coming up to 60,000 miles. I regularly have oil filter and air filter changes. It has no problems but I feel at 60,000 it needs a service. Was thinking of the serpentine belt, coolant and transmission fluid change/flash. Interested in your opinions and suggestions. We are based in Dallas. Thanks
Recommend plugs, fuel, air filters belt inspection. OC and Trans service. All coolant hoses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom