Chevy 350 8 vs. Ford 450 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which Chevy v8? For 2014, it came in 5.3L and 6.2L and various horsepower ratings.  The Chevy small block has always been a reliable engine and the modern version seems to carry on the trend.

Don't know yet...I'll know next week and get back to you for feedback.  Thanks so much!

I am a die-hard Chevrolet guy and when we were considering RV's where you had the option of a Ford or Chevy, we would have picked a Ford.  My wife just could not understand after this many years why I would do this, although she didn't care either way.

It was about the resale and my perception (I have no data, only observations) that there are many more Ford or Ford powered RV's (chassis only), in the last few years, than Chevrolet, and there would be more people comfortable with the Ford than the Chevy based on my earlier stated observations.

We ended up buying a Winnebago/Newmar/Winnebago and there was no alternate choice for the Winnebago or Newmar; only Ford.  While still a Chevrolet guy, I am very pleased with the performance of the (3) different Ford powered RV's we've had; engine, tranny, and chassis have all been great.

I hope I didn't just jinx myself  :(

I'm in agreement that it probably doesn't make much difference. I recently stopped and looked at a Pace Arrow with the Chevy drivetrain. The owner said that was what he preferred. He said friends gave him a hard time about it, since he was retired from FORD...go figure.

Back
Top Bottom