Nexus rv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sophie girl

We?re wanting to buy a NeXus RV in Elkhart indiana. Nexus sells their rv?s from their factory only in Indiana.  Has anyone purchased one from the Elkhart factory?

Well, since Nexus just began dealer sales a few months ago, just about everyone who owns a Nexus bought it from the factory.  I have no first hand experience to offer, though.

From the reports I've read online, there was nothing unique about taking delivery at the factory - it was basically an onsite dealership that had only one brand. The advantage was that you were most often specifying the equipment you wanted and getting it built to order, but once you placed the order with their sales people, it was pretty much like any other. You could now do the same by ordering through a Nexus dealer somewhere outside of Indiana.

Thank you Gary. So we can still negotiate the price down just as if we are working with a dealership ?

Cannot speak for Nexus, but we bought our rig from Phoenix Cruiser which is just down the road from Nexus.  They are also factory direct only.  With Phoenix they act as the dealer and will take your trade just like any dealer.  The great thing was visiting the factory, choosing the options and having our coach built for us just the way we wanted.  They even emailed us pictures each week as our baby went down the line.

However, we were told right up front, you are buying factory direct and the price is the price.  No negotiating, no dickering.  Now we had no trade but I suspect there would be a certain amount of back and forth if you are trading something in.

Just my experience with 'factory direct' not sure if Nexus is the same.  Only one way to find out and that is offer them a lower price and see what happens. 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom