Retirement Papers Submitted, Full Speed Ahead for Fulltiming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gizmo

I submitted my retirement papers today, last day is 12/29/17.  After 42 years as a professional photographer, the last 27 in the Federal Government, it is definitely time.  We are in the final stages of preparation to join the ranks of those who fulltime travel, a contract on the house, most of our stuff has been sold and/or donated and I have completed all but a few minor installs and mods to the TC. Looking forward to our next chapter.  Thanks to all those on this forum who have helped to inspire and the sharing of their wisdom and experiences.

Welcome to the rest of your wonderful life!  Like many cliches, this one is so true.  Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy for as long as you are fit and able!

Congratulations on your retirement, sale of your home and best of luck and joy on your next adventure.

For many the tendency is to go "Full Speed Ahead".  My advise would be to slow down a little and don't try to do it all at once.  I know people who felt they had to see the entire country their first year of full-timing.  After driving thousands of miles, crisscrossing the US they saw mostly Interstates.  After that they were so sick of setting up and breaking down they decided full-timing was not the life for them.

Take time to "Smell the Roses" and really enjoy whatever area you are in.

jsetti said:
Congratulations on your retirement, sale of your home and best of luck and joy on your next adventure.

For many the tendency is to go "Full Speed Ahead".  My advise would be to slow down a little and don't try to do it all at once.  I know people who felt they had to see the entire country their first year of full-timing.  After driving thousands of miles, crisscrossing the US they saw mostly Interstates.  After that they were so sick of setting up and breaking down they decided full-timing was not the life for them.

Excellent advice. So many people seem to think full timing means a long vacation. It is not. It is a life style and the smart ones take advantage of the monthly rates most RV parks offer and spend time at each location. They you get to save money and see a lot more. I have been living in Florida for the last five years since I stopped full timing and I have a long list of places I still have not seen yet. This is one amazing place. Cracks me up when people visit Florida for two days and think they have seen the place.

catblaster said:
Congratulations Gizmo, you are going to love it !  Stay  Healthy

Thank you and I hope to.

jsetti said:

Excellent advise we will surely be mindful of.  I suspect after all the years in the work force with limited vacation time it may be hard at first to get away from the rush to get here or there.  Luckily we are both very much the stop and smell the roses kind of couple and have not for the most part rushed our driving to get someplace.  In all of our travels while working, we have often wished we could have stayed longer, so now looking forward to the ability to do so. 

Wonderful and well deserved after 42 years.  Only about a month more....  You're gonna love it!

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom