Thousand Trails Zone-Pass (loophole?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dbFL

Current Thousand trails member, was thinking maybe they have a loophole with Zone-pass that could be utilized

What is to stop my wife from gaining another zone pass and utilizing both to bypass their 14 in 7 out rule?

In my recent travels, we've noticed they've never asked for our DL license and/or RV plates. Could we not just alternate booking to maximize on the use of TT parks with zone-pass?

It does kind of look that way dosen't it.. But you may at the minimum be required to change sites.

I can ask Janet either tomorrow (on my way to another park) or next week.. But I'm outta here tomorrow AM headed 17 miles north.

You can't just flash the other pass and stay another week. You would have to actually check out and check in again, though maybe you could do that without moving the RV through the gates.  Whether the staff would ignore the fact that you maybe hadn't actually moved the RV is anybody's guess. Some staff are more rules-conscious than others.

I realize I left out an important piece of information. We are full timing traveling week to week around the country so we are never in the same park more than 2 weeks :)

So with that said, I don't see how they could possibly track that, unless somehow they have a database and come around site to site to log my licence plate# and bounce that back against the system database. make sense?

They do have an extensive computer system, but I think it tracks based on the membership/pass number.  TT has had in/out restrictions since day one, long before there were Zone passes, so they probably do have a way to track that. My TT membership had "park-to-park" privileges, so I never had to learn how accurate they are, but presumably they enforce the 7-day out rule so they can charge extra for the membership that override it.

If you buy a second membership/pass under another name, they probably won't know, or won't even care, if you go to another park under that name/member number.

I always had to show some form of Id in addition to my TT card when we checked into a park, I guess so that I couldn't loan my card to a buddy. You don't get asked for an Id that matches the name on your Zone pass?

Why not just purchase a older membership via resale websites specializing in rv memberships. You avoid the 2 in 1 out mess and with just one membership its just easier to manage reservations. Works well for us as we purchased a 1986 Platinum plan.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
I always had to show some form of Id in addition to my TT card when we checked into a park, I guess so that I couldn't loan my card to a buddy. You don't get asked for an Id that matches the name on your Zone pass?

My wife would always be with me so technically we always have a way to show matching name/ID, if asked. I dont know how often we could utilize it, but I would imagine we could at least get 3-4 uses which would pay for the 500$ membership right there

Bill and Debbie said:
Why not just purchase a older membership via resale websites specializing in rv memberships. You avoid the 2 in 1 out mess and with just one membership its just easier to manage reservations. Works well for us as we purchased a 1986 Platinum plan.

Most of the resales for platinum I see are for $3,000 and that's too much an investment for what we need. plus those limit to 60 out of the 80 parks most of the time. We're headed west and I notice there are many of their parks up the west coast

Back
Top Bottom