Deck/Patio for 5th wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cyncity

Hi there... I'm going to be living in my 5th wheel for at least 1 year and I see some of them with decks... I'd like a portable one that's sturdy and off of the ground so creatures can't get up there and my dog will be protected... I'm finding the heavy wooden ones and the small aluminum with stairs, like a landing not a deck.. I'd like it open not screened in... suggestions?

Being in construction, I am having a hard time picturing any kind of deck that would be portable. Maybe if you built it on a utility trailer, but you would have to tow it separately. A good deck would tend to be quite heavy if built in place. Maybe you could sell it to the next person to rent the spot. When I used to pull a tt, sometimes I would take a pile of solid skids to put out for a deck of sorts. They werent very high off the ground though. They worked good if the campsite was muddy as we used to boondock a lot.

I believe the decks you have seen were on Toy Haulers.  This is actually the TH ramp, leveled with a rail and/or canopy installed.

A light weight, roomy, portable deck is really an oxymoron.  If it is light weight, it is either really small or not able to hold more than one or two people.  A solid, roomy deck is heavy and not really portable.  Butch50 likely has the best suggestion.

Do a web search.  There are numerous places that sell decks.  Both in steel and aluminum.  Some are take apart and some are colapsable.  Non of them are cheap.  If I remember when I was looking for one about 4 years ago were around 500 dollars as a starting price.

Not an oxymoron Preach. Check out this beauty with two patios built in:

https://www.jayco.com/tools/archive/2017-seismic/

Attachments

• Jayco.jpg
    Jayco.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 15
muskoka guy said:
Being in construction, I am having a hard time picturing any kind of deck that would be portable. Maybe if you built it on a utility trailer, but you would have to tow it separately. A good deck would tend to be quite heavy if built in place. Maybe you could sell it to the next person to rent the spot. When I used to pull a tt, sometimes I would take a pile of solid skids to put out for a deck of sorts. They werent very high off the ground though. They worked good if the campsite was muddy as we used to boondock a lot.

Thank you for your input... I'm thinking I may not be able to go portable either... -_-

grashley said:
I believe the decks you have seen were on Toy Haulers.  This is actually the TH ramp, leveled with a rail and/or canopy installed.

A light weight, roomy, portable deck is really an oxymoron.  If it is light weight, it is either really small or not able to hold more than one or two people.  A solid, roomy deck is heavy and not really portable.  Butch50 likely has the best suggestion.

Thank you for replying... yes I love the ones on the toy haulers, that's what started my research into getting my own deck lol... it looks like I won't be able to have a particularly portable one to get what I want...

donn said:
Do a web search.  There are numerous places that sell decks.  Both in steel and aluminum.  Some are take apart and some are colapsable.  Non of them are cheap.  If I remember when I was looking for one about 4 years ago were around 500 dollars as a starting price.

Thank you!  I'd be happy if I could get away with 500$!

donn said:

Maybe I should be looking for collapsable instead of portable... I guess I'll find out if they're one in the same.  Thanks again!

SeilerBird said:
Not an oxymoron Preach. Check out this beauty with two patios built in:

https://www.jayco.com/tools/archive/2017-seismic/
I had seen those before, and they are beautiful!  And they are on a TH - what I said.  Not applicable to this discussion of a deck on a FW, not a TH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom