Basement AC/Heat Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iron Horse

I would like to ask a question concerning the basement air conditioner/heat pump unit. We have a 2007 Winnebago Journey 36G with the Coleman/Mach unit and it has performed well since new. Has anyone cleaned or considered cleaning the outside fins on the condensing unit. I don't know if this is advisable or not. They cleaned ours at home at least yearly using a cleaner of some sort. It is really dirty since it sucks outside air. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Iron Horse

I have never cleaned mine other than removing cotton wood fuzz and leaves from it.  Other owners have reported cleaning it. You want to use low pressure water, and a cleaner that is aluminum friendly. Some swear by Simple Green. I understand there are two versions, one of which is aluminum friendly ...but I have not found two versions.  I just had my home unit serviced yesterday ...I should have asked the guy what cleaner he was using !!

Every time I wash the coach I spray Simple Green on the condenser fins, let it sit for about 30 seconds and rinse off. I'll either use a hose or a pressure washer with a wide nozzle. I also cleaned the evaporator (inside)  fins one time. You would be amazed at the dirt that comes off the outside fins.

You can buy special purpose cleaning spray for air conditioners if the thought of using Simple Green bothers you.

Back
Top Bottom