wireless back up camera recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lsilvax

Hi - just purchased my 1st RV, a 2004 Winnebago 24 ft.  Since I have never even driven one before, I thought it would be a good idea to invest in a back-up camera.  Does anyone have any recommendations on what type I should look at?  Thank You.

My older coach didn't have a camera, so I got a color, wireless one from these guys:  https://www.tadibrothers.com/  It did a good job, but be sure and order the optional grid lines on the monitor.  I didn't and ended up fabbing up my own.

My current coach has one of those big, clunky b&w ones that was installed when it was new back in '00, grid lines and all. 
Believe it or not, I like the clunky b&w on the current coach better. 

I was at Colaw Salvage in Carthage Mo(big, giant, RV salvage yard)and they had a whole shelving unit of monitors and cameras for the old systems.  I didn't ask the price on the back up system, but, generally their prices are 50% of new on everything else I've bought.

Our RV came with a Wireless Furrion.  Powered in the cab by a 12Volt plug.  On 5'r it is wired into the marker lights.  Mount the viewing screen by the rearview mirror.  Love this thing, good wide angle view.  Till you have one you really don't appreciate them.  Drove dump truck for years and would have loved one, but they weren't built well enough to survive the abuse.

Wi1dBi11

I tried the wireless i Ball. Had lots of interference on the screen. Went to a hardwired unit. It was a little more work up front but worth it. Had it for 8 months still working.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom