6500 watt Genrac generator in 2007 Georgetown 334se motorhome!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmann55

I have a 2007 Georgetown 334se motorhome! 6500 watt Genrac generator! The generator started and ran good till I replaced coach battery! Now it will not crank! If I hit the start button at the generator, the fuel pump runs and choke works but it won?t crank! What am I missing? Cranked until I changed battery! Can?t find any loose cables that I did not reconnect! Anyone have a schematic of the starting circuit? Thanks gerry

I'm not familure with your Generac,,but most units that you can hear the fuel pump, require the start button be held down long enough for the pump to pressure up and other processes before the starter engages.. Try holding the start button longer.>>>Dan

gmann55 said:
I have a 2007 Georgetown 334se motorhome! 6500 watt Genrac generator! The generator started and ran good till I replaced coach battery! Now it will not crank! If I hit the start button at the generator, the fuel pump runs and choke works but it won?t crank! What am I missing? Cranked until I changed battery! Can?t find any loose cables that I did not reconnect! Anyone have a schematic of the starting circuit? Thanks gerry
You sure you not just hitting the prime button? The prime button bypasses the starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is under the plastic cover on the front, usually held on with 4 screws. I've had to replace the switches on my generacs a couple of times, as they are pretty flimsy, and I used them a lot. I started and stopped my generac from outside the coach several times a day when at the track. 

I'll assume that gman55 has been operating his genset successfully before the battery change.  If that's the case, the suspect would be either a poor battery ground connection or perhaps a wire was not reconnected.  I'm not familiar with Generac wiring, but it's conceivable that the genset starter motor has a separate battery connection from the fuel pump.

It's also possible that the genset battery wires are reversed?

Back
Top Bottom