My 2016 Vista 27N (2015 chassis, approx 9K miles) heater/air conditioner is not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KnightonFire

My 2016 Vista 27N (2015 chassis, approx 9K miles) heater/air conditioner is not working.  Fan motor works fine and so does the vent position switch opens and closes the correct vents, i.e. defrost air comes out as expected, switch to foot, changes correctly.  The temperature switch has no effect on temperature coming out of blower vents.  Turn to right all the way, no effect, turn to the left towards cold no effect.  This applies to both cold and hot. 

I did notices, that when I turn on the air conditioner than the fan speed works as expected, but when I turn on Max Air, no change in fan speed as before this problem occurred and of course, no change in temperature.  I have been looking on line and it seems that Ford has a problem with their "Air Blend Actuator" failing.  I went to your pats listing and I cannot find an air blend actuator listed anywhere. 

I have pulled open (have access) the face panel and located the control panel and all wires appear to be in good condition.  I have checked all fuses and I don't have any blown fuses.  I pulled the temperature control switch out and checked the ohms on both ac pin and center pin and heat pin and center pin.  I can see the resistance values go up and go back down as I turn the control knob both right and left.  I don't suspect that it is bad but I can supply you with exact reading if you need them.  I also checked my anti-freeze levels and it is topped off and is where it should be,  I run the vehicle and bring it up to heat so that the vehicle gauge is reading in the safe zone and is operating normally. 

I also felt the hoses going into the heater core and they seemed warm but not hot as I might have expected especially after the vehicle ran for a long period of time to ensure proper operating temperature.  I don't suspect that being a problem as I should see some variation in the temperature as I move the temp control switch from hot to cold. I have no leaks in the coolant system and I have checked that the heater core control actuator is plugged in and not burnt.  I did not check the voltage to that actuator, or I did not ohm the valve as I did not want to open and drain the antifreeze out to isolate the valve. 

Please offer me any suggestions or questions you may have as very problematic for me to take it to a service center. 

edit by staff: split post off Winnebago and chassis resources thread, added new subject, added paragraphs for ease of reading

Hi and Welcome!!

I have been looking on line and it seems that Ford has a problem with their "Air Blend Actuator" failing.  I went to your pats listing and I cannot find an air blend actuator listed anywhere.

It sounds like you are talking about the chassis (dash) air system. You will not find any parts listing for that in the Winnebago Vista documents as it came from Ford itself. The only service centre that will be able to help is a Ford Truck centre, not an RV place. You will be able to get more info on that "Air Blend Actuator" by using Google and "ford air actuator" (without quotes) to search.

No, the automotive ac/heat is NOT supplied by Ford.  Ford does supply the compressor.  The system is probably either VCS or Evans-Tempcon.  Our 2017 SunStar30T is made by VCS

David

Thank you for the info...  Not much have stumped me on my past RVs but this one has.  I appreciate the "where to start looking" info as I felt like I was going in circles.  I had a Class C prior to this Class A and I didn't have any dash issues.  VCS or Evans-Tempcon, interesting....  Thanks again
John Canfield...  Thanks for your suggestions and assistance.

dwaugh10 said:
No, the automotive ac/heat is NOT supplied by Ford. Ford does supply the compressor.  The system is probably either VCS or Evans-Tempcon.  Our 2017 SunStar30T is made by VCS

David

Hmmm, semantics, but the whole thing was supplied to Ford, installed by Ford at their factory and was delivered to the RV manufacturer that way. The actual part manufacturer is important only if you wish to locate/match piece parts and fix it yourself.

Nope, not in a Class A with F53 chassis.  Class C with the van type type nose is all Ford.

David

Back
Top Bottom