Unbelieveable !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

Peteyboy

http://triblive.com/local/valleynewsdispatch/12960252-74/police-mistook-hibiscus-plants-for-marijuana-arrested-buffalo-township-couple-suit-claims

This comes from a local news source.  Hope the Municipality and Nationwide have to pay millions.

There is a variety of hibiscus whose leaves resemble marijuana leaves. Its name is hibiscus cannabinus! But if it were in bloom, it would be hard not to realize that it was hibiscus.

Attachments

• hibiscus-cannabinus.jpg
    hibiscus-cannabinus.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 56
Interesting this has evolved into a Marijuana discussion where I see a monumental overreach of law enforcement on a respected older couple who did absolutely nothing wrong. Storm troopers come into your home and point guns at an old woman who is half naked ?  She must be one bad hombre to cause a reaction like that.  On the same page is a story about a drug dealer who sold drugs to an undercover cop and he got a $500 fine and walked.  There is something very wrong here and I hope the people responsible pay BIG TIME.

Even I know the difference in those plants and I'm not a pot head (but I've seen the plant)

Reminds me of one day the TV near the computer was a 5" Color job with an anemic power brick (I later fixed that) so the picture was kind of crappy.

A surburan Police Chief was holding as "Time Bomb" (Will describe in two ways) and telling the audience that these were dangerous because a Poilce Officer could mistake them for the Real Thing.

Remember it's a 5" TV, and not working well.....  I am not an officer, but I do tell 'em here to go.. And I knew it was a fake at first glance.. I mean that fast (less than one second).

The Device used to be sold by Spencer Giftds
And in one of the Airplane Movies Sony Bono (Formerly Cher's husband) is in teh airport Gift Shop and tells the clerk someting like "3rd time bomb from the left" (Not sure exactly which one)

That was the same make and model the Chief was holding.> With nice RED sticks of Dynamite
(Real stuff is not red you see).

Hi Rene,

Rene T said:
Someone's going to pay big time.

I hope both the insurance company *and* the municipality pay big time.

This kind of abuse of authority has to have harsh consequences, or else we all become prey.

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

To be fair to the officers and others involved, we've only heard one side of the story. Cannot expect to get a well-balanced view from the claims in a lawsuit.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
To be fair to the officers and others involved, we've only heard one side of the story. Cannot expect to get a well-balanced view from the claims in a lawsuit.
Amen!

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Exactly. There is a MINIMUM of two sides to every story. Newspaper reporting is terrible and it?s nothing new. 30 years ago a reporter asked me what would happen to my business if cattle prices didn?t improve. I said I could hold on for another year or two and if prices hadn?t improved by then I would probably be bankrupt. Next day newspaper claimed company was bankrupt, doors had been closed, and all employees laid off.

Even if they thought it really was marijuana, does a single plant justify a SWAT team approach, parading an older woman in front of her neighbors in her underwear, and all the other hullabaloo? Good policing has a response appropriate to the crime, not the ridiculous overkill here.

Well said.  didn't the local LEO have any intel on who lived in that house ?  any other prior incidents ? 

This sounds kinda like a LEO excuse to exercise a bunch of swat boys.    How much did just all that cost the municipality ?

Hello All:
And Gary, hope all is good with you and your wife Nancy. Tell her my Nancy says hello and wishes good things to both.

Gary, caution and restraint (in your judgment of actions) is nice, but these "officer's" were all dressed up and waiting to play a movie part....., probably for months. Somebody's thinking is incredible WRONG!

Naw...... fire someone and send the message. Mentality of leadership reminds one of that "recent incident of egotistical policeman who manhandled and arrested Nurse for "questioning his authority?". Get rid of them kind and send a message!
Respectfully, 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom