Dutchman 10ft, Power Converter Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mettler

I have a 10ft Dutchman Tent Camper, it has a Centurion CS 1200 Power Converter.
This year when I hooked the battery up, I reversed the wires for a second and now it blows fuses everytime I hook it up the right way.
I believe I 'blew it'. Looking for any solutions.
Buy new?
Fix it?
Brands?
Where to purchase?

Help

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Everytime I hook the battery up, the main 20amp fuse in the converter blows.

Sounds like Mettler needs recommendations on a brand of converter to replace his damaged one and where to buy it.

Sorry for the delay - have not been online for a couple days...

I'm curious about what fuse is blowing. A converter usually does not have a DC output  overload fuse, nor does it have an AC input fuse - it relies on the circuit breaker for the AC supply circuit for protection. Typically the fuses on the converter itself (if any) are there to protect from hooking it up to the battery incorrectly, i.e. reversing the positive and negative battery terminals. Are you sure you are now connecting them properly?

If the fuse blows no matter which way you connect the terminals, then it indeed has been destroyed and will have to be replaced. Progressive Dynamics and Iota make excellent converters but the smallest is 30 amps, perhaps more than you need for your Dutchman. Progressive Dynamics

Is your converter separate from your AC power distribution panel (load center) with the AC circuit breakers? They are integrated on many smaller trailers and that makes replacement a pain.

Back
Top Bottom