Putting 303 Protector on my slide seals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David GG

Hi Im Dave I have a 2016 Keystone Cougar 3 slides. Well I wiped down the seals with the slides out with the 303, let everything dry then pulled them in. A couple days later put slides out none of the seals flipped out. I had to get behind then and roll them out, did I do something wrong?
Thanks Dave

The friction is what causes the flip, I find that even waxing will prevent flipping.  For the past few years, I have only used talcum powder to prevent sticking, but that needs applied several times a year.

Be aware that those are merely wipers for the sides & top, not the actual seals. Mostly they brush off debris and water so that it doesn't get dragged into the RV, though they do help channel water away from the real seals. Theactual  seals are the D-shaped rubber on the inner and outer flanges that ress against the sidewalls.

It doesn't make a whole lot of difference if the wipers flip over or not, though it is preferred that they do. As lynnmor says, they rely on friction to flip them as the slide moves. If you like, you can put a strip of non-skid tape on the side of the slide to improve friction.

Or you could leave the 303 off. Despite all the internet chatter, the wipers will probably last just fine as long as the sides of the rv are kept reasonably clean.

Back
Top Bottom