Marijuana side topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2 teams here, it's ...        The Pot Heads  vs  The Junkies .

unfortunately.... the Junkies have the Establishment, the Doctors, and the Police  as team sponsors .

TonyDtorch said:
Wow!  13 pills everyday..... You probably get Christmas cards from Doctors.    ;) 

Not really.  Some are simply in multiples rather than one huge pill.  Others are OTC such as aspirin and naproxin but when you have severe back problems, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and Type 2 diabetes it takes some drugs to keep things in check and, thanks to these drugs, most of my bad conditions have been kept in check for over 20 years.  Be happy if you have good health.  We are not all so fortunate.  Your dislike for doctors and policemen is palpable.  Thankfully, your kind are not in the majority and you live in a country where you are free to express those opinions.

Bill

Yes Bill I am thankful for my good health.      My wife...not so much.      She also has type2,  arthritis, and Parkinson's,  she has her own parking space at the Doctors office. (humor)

I take 2 drugs.....but only when I need them.

1. Canibus for anxiety... when my wife has a bad day or I listen to the news.
2. Ibuprofen for pain ....when I overdo a project.

But then,  I'm still a youngster at 65...I think you have me by a couple.  ;D

TonyDtorch said:
The lucrative drug and medical industry is in the business of selling opiates.

They will fight very hard to keep people in prison for using a weed you can grow in your back yard.

People being in prison for simply smoking/using marijuana is one of the many myths of the pro-pot crowd.  It doesn't happen.

Heroin and cocaine are plant based too, they just require more chemical processing, which backwoods labs making crystal meth have proven can be done with the right materials and a little patience.  Although homegrown is not really needed as long as so much is being smuggled into the country, largely through South and Central America.

As citizens, we have to decide at what level we will tolerate a "high society" and normalization of drug use in our communities, medical or recreational.  I'm fine with scientifically-proven and restricted medical use, but we have gotten ourselves (citizens) in the habit of demanding a drug because we feel bad.  (I'm not referring to those who deal with daily chronic pain, cancer treatments, terminal illnesses, etc.)  California's medical marijuana law (for instance) is a joke to call "medical", with how easily the vague symptoms/conditions can be claimed with no proof whatsoever... like "back pain."  That law was recreational as soon as it was signed. 

Opioids arose because people wanted painkillers, and they got them... some legitimately, many overprescribed, and a growing number now on the street.  We ought to proceed with caution and a scientific backing on these issues.

I never was interested in smoking weed (or anything else for that matter). But I certainly would be interested in a marijuana brownie or gummy for severe pain instead of an opioid. I hope it gets legalized.

Even hard liners agree that there is a serious opiod epidemic in our country.

A study done by the state of Colorado and aired on 60 Minutes last month,  showed after 4 years of MJ legalization the number of opiod overdoses in Colorado is down by 40% from 2014,  and continue falling.

No one predicted that would happen.

Every day in our country more people die from opiod overdoses,  than in all traffic accidents and gun deaths ...combined.

TonyDtorch said:
A study done by the state of Colorado and aired on 60 Minutes last month,  showed after 4 years of MJ legalization the number of opiod overdoses in Colorado is down by 40% from 2014,  and continue falling.

No one predicted that would happen.

In that same study, the researchers also acknowledged that their sample size / time frame study is very small, and there is not yet any proof of causation between the two factors... i.e., people who previously injected illegal heroin decided instead to smoke legal marijuana, and therefore lived.  That seems rather unlikely.  The reduction of opioids could also be attributed to increased treatment options, drug diversion programs in criminal justice, etc.

It's important that we look at all the possible data and various factors, so we can pursue those that are proven effective.

Two documented things happened at approximately the same time, 

1.    the number of O.Ds in hospitals started falling.

2.    the legalization of cannabis. 

yes, It could be possible those "Just Say No" programs are finally working, or the obvious.  ;)

Through out history in every society,  it's the most cost effective one that always wins... mushrooms,  booze,  pot,  or prescriptions.  Sometimes it's measured by the cost of lives to addiction, as in Heroin and alcohol and now it's laboratory made Heroin called Oxycodone.

Time will tell.

Edibles are a large part of the sales of mj based products. I have two friends with MS. Both swear that the use of cannabis helps them with both appetite and coordination. My one friend is so skinny, if she missed one meal she would disappear. According to her, the only thing that helps her eat is the cannabis. I just heard on national radio yesterday that in British Columbia, there have been over 1000 deaths this year alone due to opiod  overdoses. Thats only one province. The bulk of these people dying are young people. Many have stolen the drugs from older peoples medicine cabinets, or have been obtained on the streets, but they originated from a prescription made out from a doctor. Our govt right now is trying to pass a bill that will force doctors to disclose any payments they receive from drug companies. Of course the medical system is fighting it, as they dont want to have the money they are payed cut off. Its alright for our doctors to kill our kids, but smoking that weed in the bush is wrong, and needs to be punished. Pot has been smoked by the masses since the 60s. Nobody went crazy, or had any side effects that have harmed society other than maybe the fact that they smoke. Most of these people would be in their 70s and 80s. Look at Willy Nelson. I saw him two years ago when he was 80 or so. Hasnt lost a thing. He is the poster child for pot smoking.

I wonder if a drug dog will hit on CBD oil or gummies. The oil I take tastes just like an ashtray....a nasty old ashtray! Just dont see how a dog could miss that. The maker claims there is minimal thc and not enough to show up on a test........ What do our LEO's think??

Narcotics dogs can detect & alert to anything with a narcotics odor.  Since oils are a concentrated liquid version containing THC, it certainly seems like it would bear the odor.  Gummies or other edibles, I'm sure the odor is in there.  Dog's noses are downright magical how they work and can separate out odors.  When we walk into a hamburger joint and have a burger & french fries put in front of us, we might smell cooked meat or fried potatoes.  A dog would smell oil, beef, cheese, lettuce, tomato, potatoes, salt, bread (actually flour, eggs, and the other ingredients), and every person standing around... including the ones that left 10 minutes ago but deposited microscopic skin cells around the floor.  Excited/stressed people shed skin cells at faster rates and put off a stronger odor is picked up by the dog even more.

As long as you have a legal prescription and are transporting your medical THC product in the approved fashion your state requires, then you should be fine anyway.  And most of the time, otherwise law-abiding folks will not find themselves in situations where narcotics dogs are being utilized.

The argument (Flawed) for years is that most hard line narcotic users started with MJ so MJ is a gateway drug... The Flaw is they had to start with SOMETHING.. Today many hard line addicts started with PRESCRIPTION medication pushed on them by their doctors.  I could easily have been a victim of that but I declined the 'script since I knew I'd not need it.

But some.. Well.. They start with MJ because people have been telling us for decades (Since the 1960's at least) that it is either A: No worse than alcohol (Which is one of the most deadly substances on earth if you count bodies, More Americans die from Alcohol each year than from WW 1 WW 2 and Korea COMBINED it's that deadly)  or that it is "Mostly Harmless" to borrow a phrase from Douglass Adams' Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Some, Tried it precisely because it was Illegal.. Like my friend Don and Ray and others who said when they turned 21 (back then that was the legal drinking age in most of the world) all the taste went out of booze.. (I never thought it tasted good).

Some,, Well since they are already involved in illegal drugs.. They go on to ther hard stuff.. Kind of like Beer to Whiskey for a Teen.

But Many Teens never get past Beer.. Or MJ

catblaster said:
  I wonder if a drug dog will hit on CBD oil or gummies. The oil I take tastes just like an ashtray....a nasty old ashtray! Just dont see how a dog could miss that. The maker claims there is minimal thc and not enough to show up on a test........ What do our LEO's think??
Dogs have already picked up on these items on the show LIVE PD.  Those dogs don't miss much.  Interesting too is that they hit on a car and nothing is found but the interior is polluted with fumes that the dog just can't miss.  If an officer can smell the MJ, it is a lead pipe cinch the dog will too but officers do not have sniffers good enough for heroin and meth but the dogs sure do.

Bill

They could make the roads even more safer if they trained the dogs to sniff out Oxys .

but then some of you guys might be on Live PD .... :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. 

LEO are saying today....The Gateway drug to Heroin,  is pain pills.  (Oxys, prescription opiates ect.,  AKA "hillbilly Heroin") . 

Not MJ.

Everyday people get hooked on prescriptions.. then find out they can buy actual Heroin cheaper.

I saw this story on opiates this morning and thought this statistic was appalling.

One study from the British Medical Journal found that up to 22 percent of pregnant women in the U.S. are prescribed opioids, likely contributing to the rise in NAS.

http://www.kcci.com/article/pregnant-women-who-act-on-doctor-s-orders-could-be-putting-babies-at-risk-in-opioid-epidemic/13869925

TonyDtorch said:
LEO are saying today....The Gateway drug to Heroin,  is pain pills.  (Oxys, prescription opiates ect.,  AKA "hillbilly Heroin") . 

Did not know that but it is basically what I said up-thread.. As I said, Dentist offered me Oxy after a procedure where I did not think it was needed.. And as usual when it comes to My body. I was right. I spent less than a dollar on a bottle of Aspirin and left the still sealed bottle on his desk.

Only once have I ever wanted HIGH POWER pain killers and taken them.. I had an impacted Root, That was Friday Night (Daughter just had one too as it turns out).. I took Vicoden till Monday (Which happened to be my Birthday) When the Dentist drilled and killed the root. Best Birthday Present ever cause walking into the office I needed Strong Pain killers,, Walking out the Pain was a memory, nothing more.. I'd just as soon not do that again.

I just had seven teeth extracted.  I have no shame for taking oxycodone and hydrocodone in the week after.  They were generic, so I don't know that any drug company would be giving the dentist kickbacks.  I am happy to report that I have not become a crazed drug seeker,drugged driver or anything else. 

Pugapooh said:
I just had seven teeth extracted.  I have no shame for taking oxycodone and hydrocodone in the week after.  They were generic, so I don't know that any drug company would be giving the dentist kickbacks.  I am happy to report that I have not become a crazed drug seeker,drugged driver or anything else.

Be thankful you never have chronic pain.  Some things that really hurt never heal.

Actually, I do have bouts of pain that OTCs don't touch.  My doctor just doesn't seem to care when I try ti explain.  So,I do know how it can be to hurt every day.  The quality of life feels like zero sometimes.  Hence,why I believe people need options if not opioids. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom