New to RVing, questions on Winnebago Access Premier 31jp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjohnston1862

Hey everyone. My name is Morgan and I am looking to get an RV before the year end, this is all very new to me and I wanted some opinions from those who know much more than I do. I want to go full time eventually but right now I can only be a weekender. I am looking at a Winnebago Access Premier 31jp. It seems to be in amazing condition, it looks as if it hasn't been used and it has right under 5,000 miles on it. My boyfriend does landscaping for a local RV company and they said they would give it to us for $59,900 before taxes although they have it listed for close to $79,000. Is this a good deal or should I continue looking? I was looking online for anything to compare it to and I found the same models for around that price. So if anyone knows anything about this I would love some feedback! Thank you for your help!

Hmmm there isn't a 31J listed in NADA for 2014. It's not in the Winnebago brochure either. (Doesn't mean that's not what it is....)

(Ahh, I do see it listed in the parts and plumbing diagrams, must have made a few into 2014...)

The J model would be the bunk model. It has bunks (across from the bath), right?

Personally, I like bunk models, they are great for kids or stuff. I'd also pass on the premier package that eliminates the overhead bunk up front. But with three kids, we'd need it more.

Have a link to the dealer? They probably have it listed?

They aren't doing you any favors - $59k is every penny it is worth.  That doesn't mean it's a bad deal, but don't get mislead by their glowing sales chatter.

Dealers love to quote a high asking price and then give impressive sounding discounts or trade-ins to make the deal seem like a once in a lifetime opportunity. It isn't. However, a nice clean 2014 in top notch condition is potentially a good find. The big question is whether it suits your wants & needs. Enough space for all your living needs (like dishes & pans, clothing, computer use & phone charging, outside chairs), a bath that is adequate size for convenience (stand in the shower and sit on the commode!), comfortable tv viewing (if that's your thing), etc.  It's easy to get overwhelmed with how cool an RV interior looks and not see what it is going to be like after you try to live in it for a few days.

Yes, it does have the bunks across from the bathroom, which are great but I don't plan on having children anytime soon so I would just use them as storage. I was kind of sad because I like the models with bunks over the cabs but this one has cabinets and a tv, which I don't really need. There are 4 total tv's which seems a bit ridiculous to me. I love everything else about it though. I attached the page he sent me, because I asked for the full name since the website doesn't give much info. Here is the link to the website, I know it just came in this Saturday so I guess thats why they haven't put much info up. And yes, they are acting like we are getting an amazing deal because it is full body paint and it's great condition, which is definitely nice I just want to see how honest they are being with us. My boyfriend thinks we can get them down lower, but I am not so sure.

http://www.openroads.us/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=4353671&p=1&make=winnebago&s=Year&d=D&year=2014&fr=xAllinventory

Attachments

• 8955.jpg
    8955.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom