Firefox Bookmarks Mysteriously Return

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom and Margi

I did nothing to my knowledge to make this come about, but my Firefox Bookmarks have returned and are in the order I prefer.  They're now located on the left side instead of the right side, but I can live with that.  Just in time, because I was about to go to another browser ... ANY other browser.  So much for "improvements"!

"To further serve you better we have changed and moved everything you struggled to learn over the years."

What operating system and what version of Firefox?

Ah ha !  So it wasn't just me!  However I now find my bookmarks on the Right side, in the /||| looking icon, along with history, etc.

I wonder if there is a programmer who ever heard of ... "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

Howard

FF now has "Toolbars" and "Sidebars", and Favorites (Bookmarks) are in a Sidebar. The View menu has options to selectively enable or disable each Sidebar or Toobar and also to customize the content and appearance to some degree.

Some features and FF Add-ons now utilize Sidebars instead of Toolbars.  Not sure what the difference is - maybe too subtle for most of us?

My bad. I had FF on automatic update. Now I have FF Quantum on my mac. Tab Mix Plus is no longer supported...the only add on I really used. So, now FF, which I have used for decades,  is just like all the other browsers. When I click a link I like to have a new tab. I haven't found a way to do that in FFQ. Sigh...making things better always seems to make them so much worse.

When I click a link I like to have a new tab. I haven't found a way to do that in FFQ

If you have a 3-button mouse, a middle click will open the link in a new tab. 

I miss Tab Mix Plus as well. Hope the developer upgrades it for FFQ.

Punomatic said:
My bad. I had FF on automatic update. Now I have FF Quantum on my mac. Tab Mix Plus is no longer supported...the only add on I really used. So, now FF, which I have used for decades,  is just like all the other browsers. When I click a link I like to have a new tab. I haven't found a way to do that in FFQ. Sigh...making things better always seems to make them so much worse.

There's a setting in the options to open links in a new tab.  Click the 3 horizontal line icon in the upper rt. corner, choose "options" from the drop down menu, and there you have it.

Old_Crow said:
There's a setting in the options to open links in a new tab.  Click the 3 horizontal line icon in the upper rt. corner, choose "options" from the drop down menu, and there you have it.

Sorry, there I don't have it. I've been looking for it since the upgrade. It was my indispensable option in TMP, but I only have a "open new window in new tab" box, which I have checked. Not what I want.

There is a way to move the sidebar to either the left (default) or right side of the browser window...

First the sidebar must be enabled see screenshot 1...

Once enabled then select the "Bookmarks" dropdown at the top of the side bar and the option to move it is there, see the red arrows in screenshot 2...

Try that

Cheers,
Geoff

Attachments

• screenshot 1 - firefox bookmark in sidebar - enable.jpg
    screenshot 1 - firefox bookmark in sidebar - enable.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 10
  • screenshot 2 - firefox bookmark in sidebar - move to right.jpg
    screenshot 2 - firefox bookmark in sidebar - move to right.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom