Power converter & furnace/AC issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CMTUttle

Hello. I have a 35 ft Fleetwood Southwind (96') motorhome. A while back our rear furnace quit working. Now our AC in the rear has quit. The front works except we had to replace power converter today and now the front furnace cycles  on, lights then shuts down over and over. Have no clue why as it was working fine before we replaced converter.
So a little more background on situation... Our converter shorted out last year and caused our battery to almost explode! Disconnected the converter and just now replaced it. The rear furnace worked fine at first but then just the fan would come on but propane would not light. Now fan won't even work. About a month or so ago the rear AC quit. You hear it click but doesn't start. We have checked all fuses and hubby took thermostat off wall but all there is is 2 wires going into each of the front and back. 1 thermostat in bedroom with controls for both front and back.
Anyone have any ideas as to why the back may have quit working? Anyone have any ideas as to why the other furnace is cycling on and off over and over after replacing power converter?
Please help!!!?
Thanks in advance!
Oh and I forgot... I think the furnace is Atwood and the thermostat says "Fleetwood Electronic Climate Control"

IF you "Just reconnected the new converter" how are you keeping the batteries charged?

Furnace is 12 volt. A/C uses 12 volt for control So no  (or low) 12 volt can keep them from working

On the one that lights/goes out (X3) then locks out... On mine I needed a new control board but there are a lot of things that can do it.. I do not have the "Furnace File" on this computer but there is a document in the forum library that is roughly the same as my Furnace diagnostic file.

IF you do need a new control board.. Dinosaur Boards are way better than OEM.

If the furnace lights and then goes out, it is NOT a 12v power problem. The furnace control board is not sensing the flame, so it shuts the gas supply off for safety reasons. The likley cause is a defective flame sensor or its wiring, but there are some other possibilities that might require further troubleshooting.

As John explained, most of the other problems were low or no 12v power. If your new converter is hooked up properly, you should now have plenty of 12v but the batteries may or may not re-charge fully.

My owner's manual says to use only Dexron 3or Mercon. It says Do Not Use hydraulic jack oil.

I don't know why other than maybe the converter just needed time to fully charge batteries, but  the front furnace is working fine now. The rear ac and furnace still do not work but for now we have heat coming from the main front furnace.

I sure did. I have no idea how.  My phone sometimes does strange things.

I think that was in reply to my thread about my leveling jacks.  FYI, I ended up with regular ATF in the jacks, been sitting on them for almost a week now and no leaks and no bleed down.

As far as the furnace goes, I'd start with cleaning all the blade connections on the board and everywhere else that you can get to in there.  Corrosion causes intermittent connections and can drive you to pull your hair out...if you have any left.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom