Fresh Water Tank not filling up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsmart

Good morning.  I am trying to fill my fresh water tank on my 2007 Forester Class C and it is not filling up.  At the connection where the hose goes, after a few seconds of filling it starts overflowing but the tank hardly has any water in it.  Is there a bypass valve somewhere that I am not aware of?

Are you sure that it is 'overflowing' and not simply that the tank drain has been left open?? The drain fitting may be well hidden but will be very near the tank itself and letting water flow out below the tank and, hopefully, on to the ground.. The drain may be as simple as a  capped (or uncapped) piece of pipe sticking out below the vehicle.

On some RV's there may be a valve that allows the tank to be filled from the city water connection but that is not a 'bypass'. It either fills the tank OR allows the connected water line to service all the plumbing without using either the pump or tank. Some vehicles have a 'gravity fill' inlet for the tank as well, while some may have only a gravity fill inlet for the tank. Both will have a tank vent somewhere nearby the tank on the outside.

If the "overflow" is coming back out of the filler tube, then you have either a kinked tube or an inadequate air vent. Some fillers have only a tiny air vent that comes back through the filler port. If you splash water into it, that can prevent venting and little or no water will flow into the tank because air pressure forces it back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holtt
Back
Top Bottom