Advice on a cell booster install?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomRiddle

Hey folks,
I'm planning to install our new WeBoost cell booster later this week and want to run my plan by you. I'm planning to go through a bathroom vent to avoid drilling a hole through the actual outer wall. The imgur link below has pictures and a description of my plan. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/Dbr4W

Thanks.
-Tom

I ran my wire through the A.C. duct from the front to the back and ran the wire through the rear A.C. to the outside. No holes in the roof requited either.

I was just wondering the same thing regarding wiring a WifiRanger. Haven't decided yet where to run the wire. I'd like to drop it into my entertainment center, but it's in a slide out and I have no idea where those original wires were run - probably underneath.

If you run the wire through your bathroom vent, how is the shield going to close properly, and are you going to have to cut a hole in your screening?

John Stephens said:
I was just wondering the same thing regarding wiring a WifiRanger. Haven't decided yet where to run the wire. I'd like to drop it into my entertainment center, but it's in a slide out and I have no idea where those original wires were run - probably underneath.

If you run the wire through your bathroom vent, how is the shield going to close properly, and are you going to have to cut a hole in your screening?

I have a vent cover over the vent that I plan to drill through and seal with a gasket that was included for when drilling through the wall. Then I will drill a small hole into the vent base so it doesn't need to be open all the time. Then I will need to go through the mesh or to the side of it. I will still be drilling into parts of the RV but at least these parts are easily replaced if it causes any issues down the road.

Back
Top Bottom