Bitten In My Own Bed by a Monster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

Harley dog (all six pounds of him) was sound asleep in his little corner of our bed. The only safe place where he won't get accidentally kicked by my thrashing about. I was laying down watching the idiot box which was set to turn itself off soon. Just a quiet night in my tiny wheel estate.

I wiggled around to get more comfy. That's when SOMETHING with big sharp teeth bit me under the covers.

I screamed and flew out of the bed. I was wide awake now!

Harley woke up and he too ran out of the bed like he was terrified.

We stood in the hallway staring back at the bed. WHAT was in our bed?

When my heart slowed down and I regained normal breathing, I decided the best course of action was to snatch the comforter off the bed and see WHAT was in it.

I figured worse case scenario I could call the fire department to dispatch some of those burly guys to deal with the monster.

So I timidly stepped forward grabbing the comforter with two hands, then I yanked it off the bed.

That's when I found the offending creature.

The one that snapped open it's jaws and bit me!

YIKES!

Yepper. Hiding under the covers for some strange reason was my hair grabber.  When I rolled over and wiggled around I must have unintentionally squeezed open the jaws, which then clamped down on my backside giving me a mighty bite!

I am just so glad it wasn't a monster.

Can you imagine if I had called the fire department to come remove my monster? I would forever be known as that crazy lady who was bitten by her hair grabber.  ::)

Another disaster averted!  8)

Life is goof.  :eek:

Attachments

• monster1.JPG
    monster1.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 166
  • monster2.JPG
    monster2.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 79
After a 35 year career as a firefighter and paramedic I can assure you that you would have had plenty of company in the ?crazy call?club had you, indeed, called the fire department to vanquish your mysterious biter. On the other hand, it?s just as likely the responding crew would have been secretly relieved at not having to chase an actual fanged critter all over your camper!?

Would you rather be bald like many of us men that don't need/use a hair grabber?  ;D

Glad I will never have a fake monster in my bed.  LOL.

Glad you were not injured.

Choice story, Mermaid!  :eek: ;D ;) I always put mine on the bathroom vanity so I can find it the next morning.  Suggest you do something similar so you don't scare yourself - and Harley - to death!

ArdraF

Thanks for the <gigglesnort>.  Though it does remind me of an incident in Hawaii.  I came home from a night out with the boys, and was in the bathroom getting ready for bed, when my wife screamed and came shooting through the bathroom door, almost taking me out.  I went to see what she was screaming about, and in the bed was a 6" or so centipede.  It didn't bite her, but she said it crawled through her hair. Did you know they have green blood?  I know now.  Poor centipede will never know.

Your story reminds me of the time we were docked with our cruising club at a yacht club. Since there were going to be fireworks, I kept telling Chris to keep the door (glass or screen) to the salon closed, to ensure we didn't get uninvited guests aboard. In the middle of the night I awoke and felt something crawling up the leg of my PJs.

I wriggled and jumped around, and eventually this little field mouse came out from under the covers, and crawled across Chris' face. Just then, she woke up and was not a happy camper. The following day I set a trap and, in the middle of the night, heard the telltale sign that we'd caught it. I periodically have to remind Chris about uninvited guests aboard and in our S&B home  ;D

;D  I occasionally come flying out of my bed from a dead sleep. But it is from wicked, painful Leg Cramps!  :eek: :eek:
Need to watch out for those Plastic monsters now! ::) I did get a great chuckle picturing the Monster clamped to your cheek! LOL  :D :D

Irover said:
;D  I occasionally come flying out of my bed from a dead sleep. But it is from wicked, painful Leg Cramps!  :eek: :eek:
Need to watch out for those Plastic monsters now! ::) I did get a great chuckle picturing the Monster clamped to your cheek! LOL  :D :D

I used to have leg cramps but since I took up bicycle riding, that problem vanished. Well worth the effort too.  ;D

Attachments

• Day 6 bicycle with 3 baskets-600x600.jpg
    Day 6 bicycle with 3 baskets-600x600.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom