Furnance not blowing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majicchuck

Today I went to run the generator to charge the motorhome batteries a bit. When I turned the furnance on no heat was blowing. Silly me... I forgot that the propane was off. After hitting the button, there was still no heat circulating. The heat pumps work fine but no gas seems to be kicking out. Any ideas?

Kinda hard to decode your actual questions here:

After hitting the button,...  What button???

Did you turn the thermostat's request for gas heat off and then back on? If not, the failure of the furnace to light will cause the furnace to lock out and it has to be reset before requesting gas heat again. It may take quite a few tries to start the furnace if the gas supply has been off.

The heat pumps work fine.... but no gas seems to be kicking out..... Not sure what this means at all!!

Outside temperature??

Alfa38User said:
Kinda hard to decode your actual questions here:

After hitting the button,...  What button???

Did you turn the thermostat's request for gas heat off and then back on? If not, the failure of the furnace to light will cause the furnace to lock out and it has to be reset before requesting gas heat again. It may take quite a few tries to start the furnace if the gas supply has been off.

The heat pumps work fine.... but no gas seems to be kicking out..... Not sure what this means at all!!

Outside temperature??

Sure. Sorry about that. Basically, there is no heat blowing through ducts when I select Heat (Gas). The button that I was referring to was the propane switch. I had turned off when I winterized coach (totally forgot). So I turned the propane on.

I did turn the thermostat heat off and then on. I will try it again. Thanks.

I was mentioning that the electric heat from the heat pump works fine.

Outside temp was 35-40.

Rene T said:
What was the solution?  Your answer may help other members down the road.

I think it was more a matter of allowing the furnace to cycle on once I turned the propane on. It took a couple of minutes before warm air was blowing through the vents.

majicchuck said:
I think it was more a matter of allowing the furnace to cycle on once I turned the propane on. It took a couple of minutes before warm air was blowing through the vents.

Now wasn't that easy?    ;D :D ;)  Glad you got it going.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom