George Mullen Passed away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Godward

I just went to George's Facebook page and found he had passed away last month about the 15th.  I hadn't been in close touch the last year but wanted to wish him a Happy Thanksgiving. 
I hope this is not a repeat of the news as I had not seen anything about George for a long time

That's sad to hear Jim. George was a real gentleman, and was very active here in the early days of our forum.

Sorry to hear that (I missed it on FB as well). George was good friend and an active forum supporter in the old days.  We always got together if we were in Southern California or when George came to Florida to see his kids.

Sorry to hear.  I don't think we ever physically met but lots of enjoyable exchanges.

Same here Joel. The only time we scheduled a meetup was when we were headed down the coast by boat and docked in San Diego. Unfortunately, Jean was quite ill that day, and George called to ask if we could cancel.

George's favorite toy store was Harbor Freight, and he was really keen for me to get a clamp-on meter; We weren't close to a HF at the time, and George volunteered to go to a store and mail one to me.

I remember all the good natured exchanges between George Mullen and Harlan Smith.  They both prided themselves on being ahead of the curve in computer technology.  Way back then it was all pretty rudimentary but to us, at the time, it was pretty whiz-bang fancy!  RIP George.

We never met George in person but remember his name from the "olden" days.  He helped a lot of people.

ArdraF and JerryF

I'll have an entry for George on our Memorial page shortly. The only photo I have of George is in his Navy uniform; If someone has a photo of George in his civies &/or with his motorhome, please send it along. If anyone has something to include in the writeup, please send it along. TIA.

Also, if anyone has a photo of Jean, that would also be appreciated.

I truly think George would prefer his picture in his uniform over civies.  He was, understandably, very proud of his "mustang" progress from enlisted man to Commander.

I tend to agree Margi, but I've never seen him in civies.

He always used his uniform photo publicly.  I've seen him in civvies and thought I had a photo of him dressed that way, but cannot find it.  I found a photo George took of Nancy and I when we visited him near San Diego back in 2002, but couldn't find one that shows him. I was just switching over to digital back then and might have used a film camera for an impromptu snapshot.

Ned and I had breakfast with him in Palm Springs a couple of times when he was there visiting his son.  It was always good to get together with him.  Never met his wife.

Jim G sent me a photo of George in civies. Looks like it was taken when he was hooked to O2. It was interesting to see George without a hat.

Tom and Margi said:
I truly think George would prefer his picture in his uniform over civies.  He was, understandably, very proud of his "mustang" progress from enlisted man to Commander.

I agree, George was very proud of his service.

Tom said:
Jim G sent me a photo of George in civies. Looks like it was taken when he was hooked to O2. It was interesting to see George without a hat.

George was on O2 for a long time.  I met him a couple of times and the only time without O2 was very early, probably late 90s.  After that his COPD caused him to be on it. 

Lorna said:
Never met his wife.

Jean was a very nice lady.  I met her the first time I met George as they were camped at a Thousand Trails park near my daughter's home in Menefee.  She was quite ill then so she limited her exposure to people. 

My main memory of George was that he was the one with the answers to any question we couldn't figure out. Our "go-to guy."

When I click on the Memorial page link above it takes me to the home page.  I also don't have the library or Resource on my toolbar. 

Robin

A recent software update overwrote a number of my prior enhancements, including the Memorial Page and the menu. Hope to get hem replaced shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom