Removing the sleeper sofa and replaceing it with recliners?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wijames2002

I have a 1998 Southwind Storm and want to remove the sleeper Sofa and replace it with a pair of recliners for more comfort. Are there any inherant problems in doing so? We don't have slideouts on this unit by the way. Also, I'm trying to remove the Booth table to repair it but can't figure out how to fold it down. I see there is a long hinge at the back but the leg in front doesn't seem to have any way to fold it back to get to it. Any suggestions?

Most recliners the back comes off unlatch the slide and lift off. Should not be a problem getting through the door.

sc4668 said:
Most recliners the back comes off unlatch the slide and lift off. Should not be a problem getting through the door.
I just went shopping for recliners and many would not fit through my door even with the back taken off.

We replaced our very uncomfortable sofa with two recliners and a little table. One of the best things we have done! The sofa was only held in the spot with a few screws and it wasn?t hard to disassemble. When we bought the recliners, we measured our door width and the spot we were putting the chairs carefully. One of our doors is considerably wider than the other, and we needed to use the wider door. Also, don?t take out the sofa until you get the new chairs in the door, just in case.

I put a double wall hugger recliner and a single along with a small table. Worked fine even in the slide.  :D

Attachments

• DSC01206.JPG
    DSC01206.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom