Where to stay south of the Siskiyou on return trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wagonmaster12

Seems like it is pretty common to stay at Seven Feathers on the way south to monitor weather sites and cams to decide on whether or not to go over the Siskiyou Pass.  I would much appreciate some suggestions as to where to stay in northern California to do the same if coming north in mid February?  Thanks.  (30 ft. trailer)

Hornbrook Cheveron station.  Exit 789 on I-5. Large gravel parking area in back of the station.  Park on the far SE corner, the fartherest away from trucks parking at night.

Check RV Park reviews for Redding, CA.  When the weather is dicey, I-5 will get closed by a gate stretched across the road at Fawndale and no northbound traffic will be permitted beyond that point.  In addition to Siskiyou Pass concerns, Dunsmuir, Mt. Shasta City and Weed can be trouble spots.

Tom and Margi said:
Check RV Park reviews for Redding, CA.  When the weather is dicey, I-5 will get closed by a gate stretched across the road at Fawndale and no northbound traffic will be permitted beyond that point.  In addition to Siskiyou Pass concerns, Dunsmuir, Mt. Shasta City and Weed can be trouble spots.

If the weather seems questionable call ahead to a park in Redding to be sure of a space as you may have to stop in Red Bluff.  I had to return to Red Bluff once to learn this!  :-X

We sometimes stay at Yreka but it's in that dicey area Margi mentioned.  It has an RV at each exit.

ArdraF

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom