Suburban Furnace is Screaming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saleengtstang

Hey I'm new to this forum thing but it's been helpful with other issues. I have a suburban sf30-f furnace that a mouse ended up in the blower fan. It bent the shaft and the wheel on the motor so I replaced both the motor and both wheels (it was stuck in the squirrel cage looking wheel) and made sure the wheel wouldn't hit the plastic cover before putting everything back together. It started squeaking when I turned it on so I took it back apart and adjusted the wheels back in a little bit and it seemed to be great til about the fourth time it cycled on. Now it will whine for about 30 seconds after start up and once in a while it will do it just before it shuts down again. In my mind I'm thinking bearings and it'll only squeal at a lower rpm than when it's running but how likely is it that it would have bad bearings in the new motor right out of the box? I did tear it down again to look for wear marks on anything near the fans but there aren't any except from the old motor and fan. Is it possible the sail switch is bent towards the fan and hitting when it starts up? It's about the only place I can imagine it would be hitting the fan and not leave any new marks that I can see since that's metal like the fan? Thank you in advance. This thing is driving me insane trying to fix it. I

Did you notice the manufacture date tag on the motor?  I put one in my RV and it was over 2 years old right out of the box!  Luckily they aren't that big of a job or expensive to change.  I just crossed off one parts supplier off my list!

I put one in my RV and it was over 2 years old right out of the box!

The shelf life of a motor & fan had better be a whole lot more than two years!  Heck, you can expect it to last 10-20 years in your furnace, even if in constant use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom